1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 8608 dead within 24 hours!

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by ellingtj, Dec 13, 2003.

1. ellingtj

ellingtj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well yesterday I received my philips 32PW8608 tv and MX5800sa home cinema setup. After several hours of setting it up I turned it on and was amazed at how good it was - thought I had definitely done the right thing in avoiding the pixel plus models. BUT........... I watched it for a several hours this morning and then put it on standby - seconds later I heard it fully switch off - and now it does nothing apart from make a buzzing sound in the speakers. I've tried all the obvious ideas to fix it - fuse etc but it's definitely knackered - about 20 hours from first turning it on. Dissapointed is the word of the moment. The home cinema job is good for an all in one system though.

Tim- cheesed off.

Well after a month and a half I have another 8608 this time from a different supplier. Picture does not seem as good as the last one but lets hope it lasts longer this time. Still think that I should have bought a 50Hz set - the way ahead is to go backwards!

2. ellingtj

ellingtj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just updated the above post for those who maybe interested.