Philips 763SA

lordbilly

Established Member
Reaction score
Amazon.co.uk are selling this player for £139.99.Just wondering if its worth the money, or maybe hold out for the 963A @308.00 at robertsons online.My other option would be the toshiba SD520e M/R@£199.00.Which player has better PQ.Any info would help.

If you don't need progressive scan the 763SA looks damn good to me, I just can't find a review, or 100% definite multiregion info.

regards,
Paul

Good point. reviews are hard to come by on all 3 players i mentioned .Progressive scan is not an issue at the minute but would like to future proof myself for at least another 2-3 years if possible.
With that in mind would the 963sa be a better option. Any info would help plus feedback if anyone has the philips 963sa already and give me the lowdown on this seemingly good player.

Way I look at is is you're paying £140 for the 763 vs £300ish for the 963sa - in a couple of years I'd wager that players will have moved on and, as is the case now compared to three years ago, will offer features that used to be considered "premium".

Maybe progressive scan will be one of them, maybe it won't, but I wouldn't spend the extra right now on the 963 unless you *really* think you need it - I'd go for the cheaper player and buy something in three years as it'll probably cost less anyway.

That'd be my thinking, but I can't talk as I've been p**sing about for a couple of months now and still can't decide what to buy :)

regards
Paul

Good points.With that in mind would the middle ground of maybe purchasing the toshiba 520e (at said price above) be the better option ,although i'm loathe to split up my A/V kit with a different brand.

Philips 32" tv,Philips VCR and Philips MX980 sound surround receiver

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom