philips 7603

when i irst bought this tv i was really pleased. But after 10 months its faulty and Philips Customer service is a joke. My tv has been away for 7 weeks and now they decide they cant repair it.

Probably going to wait another 2 months beore they stop messing about and give me my money back

anyone ?

Hi

I have the 47 inch model.

Very pleased with it but have a strange problem.

It has the latest firmware installed. (april) but this problem also applies to older software as well.

Connected via HDMI 1 i have the humax freesat foxsat box.

If I go up / down the freesat channels & view BBC HD (108) and step up / down a channels if only on for a second or 2 I loose the audio on all normal freesat channels (non HD), go back to bbc hd, sound, move on no sound.

This only seems to happen if i move quickly through the humax channels.

The only way to restore audio on the HMDI channel, is to move to another source (tv, hdmi 2 etc) and then come back to HDMI 1. Or turn off & on the TV.

Anyone else had this ?

Or any other ideas ?

thanks

thanks for the "help"

Now if anyone has a proper answer please.

Hi

It has the latest firmware installed. (april) but this problem also applies to older software as well.

If I go up / down the freesat channels & view BBC HD (108) and step up / down a channels if only on for a second or 2 I loose the audio on all normal freesat channels (non HD), go back to bbc hd, sound, move on no sound.

The only way to restore audio on the HMDI channel, is to move to another source (tv, hdmi 2 etc) and then come back to HDMI 1. Or turn off & on the TV.

Anyone else had this ?

Or any other ideas ?

thanks

im sorry but your problem is minor compared to others, live with it.
if you can't be civil when you replay then please don't.

Curly

7603 has different panel than 7403? The menu is different also. When i go to settings there is ''gaming mode'' and other settings and 7603 does not have them

Looks like the 7403 is no longer in the line-up of models now, but it has different modes it can be put into ie Game, Movie, Personal, Energy saving, Standard, Vivid.

The 7603 has Smart mode: Film, Standard, Vivid

Looks like the 7403 is no longer in the line-up of models now, but it has different modes it can be put into ie Game, Movie, Personal, Energy saving, Standard, Vivid.

The 7603 has Smart mode: Film, Standard, Vivid

sorry but its not true, my 7603 and yes it IS a 7603 has Personal, Energy Saving, Movie, Standard, Vivid, and Game.

Last edited:
sorry but its not true, my 7603 and yes it IS a 7603 has Personal, Energy Saving, Movie, Standard, Vivid, and Game.

See, this is what I don't get either. My 7603 does NOT have a Game mode at all. How come yours has this Game mode whereas other people don't have it on the 7603? Believe me, I have tried everything possible with this set to get rid of the horrendous (And yes it IS horrendous) input lag, and nothing at all works. This set does not have a dedicated game mode at all.

Last edited:
See, this is what I don't get either. My 7603 does NOT have a Game mode at all. How come yours has this Game mode whereas other people don't have it on the 7603? Believe me, I have tried everything possible with this set to get rid of the horrendous (And yes it IS horrendous) input lag, and nothing at all works. This set does not have a dedicated game mode at all.

oh i agree the lag before i set it to game mode was unbearable, 1-2 lags after pressiing a button, awful. But i set it to game mode... poof. lag is gone 100%

Dont know why mine has it and yours does not

Well my 7603 does not have game mode either.

Wu Xian Are you sure you have 7603 ?

From the manual :-

5.3.3 Use smart settings
Apart from manually adjusting picture settings,
you can use smart settings to set your TV to a
predefined picture, sound and Ambilight setting.
1. Press MENU on the remote control and
select TV menu > TV settings > Reset
smart settings.
2. Press Æ to enter the list.
3. Press Î or ï to select one of the following
settings:
• Current
Applies manually selected picture, sound
and Ambilight settings.
• Standard
Applies natural picture, sound and
Ambilight settings suitable for most
living room conditions.
• Vivid
Applies brilliant picture, sound and
Ambilight settings suitable for bright
surroundings.
• Movie
Applies dynamic picture, sound and
Ambilight settings suitable for a
complete cinematic experience.
4. Press the green key to store your selection.

Well my 7603 does not have game mode either.

Wu Xian Are you sure you have 7603 ?

From the manual :-

5.3.3 Use smart settings
Apart from manually adjusting picture settings,
you can use smart settings to set your TV to a
predefined picture, sound and Ambilight setting.
1. Press MENU on the remote control and
select TV menu > TV settings > Reset
smart settings.
2. Press Æ to enter the list.
3. Press Î or ï to select one of the following
settings:
• Current
Applies manually selected picture, sound
and Ambilight settings.
• Standard
Applies natural picture, sound and
Ambilight settings suitable for most
living room conditions.
• Vivid
Applies brilliant picture, sound and
Ambilight settings suitable for bright
surroundings.
• Movie
Applies dynamic picture, sound and
Ambilight settings suitable for a
complete cinematic experience.
4. Press the green key to store your selection.

well its listed as 7603 BUT... it says in the manual 7623! which when i look around it only mentions the addition to a VGA port over the 03 model... so...? they must have added game support as well.

Other issue is, they dont seem to stock the 7623 anywhere from what ive seen!!!

well its listed as 7603 BUT... it says in the manual 7623! which when i look around it only mentions the addition to a VGA port over the 03 model... so...? they must have added game support as well.

Other issue is, they dont seem to stock the 7623 anywhere from what ive seen!!!

Ahh... then you don't have a 7603 then, so the other addition is the Game mode, so you wouldn't know just how bad the input lag is on this set. Like the other thread, I would mention yours is the 7623 when talking about input lag as to not confuse anyone thinking of buying a 7603 to game on.

Ahh... then you don't have a 7603 then, so the other addition is the Game mode, so you wouldn't know just how bad the input lag is on this set. Like the other thread, I would mention yours is the 7623 when talking about input lag as to not confuse anyone thinking of buying a 7603 to game on.
even currys said that the difference is just the VGA nothing else. (shows what they know)

also, on thing to note is that i DO know what the lag is like as when u first get the set its ULTRA laggy on standard settings, until game mode is selected.

It was sold to me as a 7603 so this is why i thought it was one.

also only hdmi was laggy for me, ie ps3 but component didnt need any alteration of settings

Hi

Anyone else had this ?

Or any other ideas ?

thanks

Hi Mate,

Is it possible to set the Humax box to a fixed resolution i.e. 1080i or 720p, this might help with your problem.

Ciaran.

Sorry but i didn't get an answer. Anyone have the 7403 model? This tv has ''game'' mode but does it really reduce the input lag?

in connection menu of 7603, you can put on "game" mode for input where your PS3 or xbox connected... you also can select PC, or HD or Blue ray..etc settings depending on device you use

this changes makes different

Last edited:
Hi Mate,

Is it possible to set the Humax box to a fixed resolution i.e. 1080i or 720p, this might help with your problem.

Ciaran.

Hi

I have it at default set to max, I think the TV gets confused with something to do with the HD channel sourced material but would like someone else who has humax & this TV to see if its doing the same.

From Humax manual :-
4.3 Resolution
You can set the resolution of the screen. Press the
V-FORMAT button while watching a programme. The
current resolution will be displayed.
Each time you press the V-FORMAT button, the
resolution changes in the following sequence:
576i􀁊576p􀁊720p􀁊1080i􀁊Original.
Note: If the product is connected to the TV using an
HDMI cable, Original will not be displayed.

thanks

Robin...

in connection menu of 7603, you can put on "game" mode for input where your PS3 or xbox connected... you also can select PC, or HD or Blue ray..etc settings depending on device you use

this changes makes different

Doing this has no effect on the 7603 to be honest. I tried all this, and the input lag was still completely awful. Ah well, the TV is still awesome for watching Blu Ray movies and SD TV.

oh i agree the lag before i set it to game mode was unbearable, 1-2 lags after pressiing a button, awful. But i set it to game mode... poof. lag is gone 100%

Dont know why mine has it and yours does not

Greetings from Portugal.
I´m thinking on buying the 47 PFL 7623, which has the game mode.:clap:
Could you tell me your experience with the PS3, in case you have it, and watching divx and mkv´s 720 p, please.

Looking forward to your response.
Cheers.

Greetings from Portugal.
I´m thinking on buying the 47 PFL 7623, which has the game mode.:clap:
Could you tell me your experience with the PS3, in case you have it, and watching divx and mkv´s 720 p, please.

Looking forward to your response.
Cheers.

amazing tv, shows little banding compred to most 'High-end' sony models etc, only issue ive noticed is that the backlight cannot be controlled other than using a dynamic one which is TOO dark in some scenes and just generally shifts too slowly. Its poor for blacks, so i leave it off.

Also there is an issue with a green tint to everything in dark areas, which needs adjustment in the tint options. Problem is there is no guide online for which makes it hard.

but ive owned lots of HDTV's and this is by far the best

amazing tv, shows little banding compred to most 'High-end' sony models etc, only issue ive noticed is that the backlight cannot be controlled other than using a dynamic one which is TOO dark in some scenes and just generally shifts too slowly. Its poor for blacks, so i leave it off.

Also there is an issue with a green tint to everything in dark areas, which needs adjustment in the tint options. Problem is there is no guide online for which makes it hard.

but ive owned lots of HDTV's and this is by far the best

man, thanks for the quick reply,
Sorry my ignorance but what is "banding"?
In PS3 games you think the problem, input lag, is solved with the game mode? I play a lot of Warhawk and MGS4:devil:

man, thanks for the quick reply,
Sorry my ignorance but what is "banding"?
In PS3 games you think the problem, input lag, is solved with the game mode? I play a lot of Warhawk and MGS4:devil:

game mode removed 100% of lag for me, i play MGs4 a lot and MGO almost every night!! i used to play warhawk lots as well not anymore though.

banding:

Re: Color Banding on PS3 with HDMI? Documentation - PLAYSTATION®3 General Discussion - Official PlayStation Community -PlayStation.com

most sets get it but people are ignorant or just dont see it.

But its there.

game mode removed 100% of lag for me, i play MGs4 a lot and MGO almost every night!! i used to play warhawk lots as well not anymore though.

banding:

Re: Color Banding on PS3 with HDMI? Documentation - PLAYSTATION®3 General Discussion - Official PlayStation Community -PlayStation.com

most sets get it but people are ignorant or just dont see it.

But its there.

Sorry for being a little insistent but how about the divx´s and mkv´s do they rock or not.:thumbsup:

Okay now i know what is banding, thanks.

What do you think about a 47 pfl 7623 d for € 990?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom