Philips 75pus8505/12 HDMI-ARC + Bluetooth Problem

mrfrogger

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello,

i have an odd problem with a Philips 75pus8505/12 in combination with a Sony soundbar and bluetooth headphones.

On HDMI1 the soundbar ist connected via HDMI-ARC.
On HDMI2 a Sat Receiver ist connected

I can start the TV and the soundbar with just one klick on the Sat receivers remote. Everything starts and the soundbar is toggled as audio interface. Works like a charm.

If i want to hear with my bluetooth headphone, i just start it, it`s connects automatically with the TV, the soundbar mutes itself and the sound comes from the headphone. Perfect again.

Now my problem:
If i switch off the headphones the sound comes from the TV speakers and not from the soundbar. Restarting all devices doesn't help. I have to navigate through the entire menu to the advanced sound settings to change the audio output to hdmi-sound again. I have tried several headphones, but it behaves the same.

Why it doesn't switch back to it automatically?
Or: Is there a shorter way to change it manually? Clicking through the entire menu ist really annoying.

Thanks a lot!

Hello,

i have an odd problem with a Philips 75pus8505/12 in combination with a Sony soundbar and bluetooth headphones.

On HDMI1 the soundbar ist connected via HDMI-ARC.
On HDMI2 a Sat Receiver ist connected

I can start the TV and the soundbar with just one klick on the Sat receivers remote. Everything starts and the soundbar is toggled as audio interface. Works like a charm.

If i want to hear with my bluetooth headphone, i just start it, it`s connects automatically with the TV, the soundbar mutes itself and the sound comes from the headphone. Perfect again.

Now my problem:
If i switch off the headphones the sound comes from the TV speakers and not from the soundbar. Restarting all devices doesn't help. I have to navigate through the entire menu to the advanced sound settings to change the audio output to hdmi-sound again. I have tried several headphones, but it behaves the same.

Why it doesn't switch back to it automatically?
Or: Is there a shorter way to change it manually? Clicking through the entire menu ist really annoying.

Thanks a lot!

I think the HDMI arc is only about the tv speakers and HDMI interface.

It doesn't do switching between Bluetooth and hdmi. It can only recognize one output and not multiple outputs

As default , it reverts back to tv speakers if u turn off the sound bar or Bluetooth device.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom