Philips 75PUS6754

Picked this up last week and really impressed with the picture and ambilight so far, however I've had a couple of issues.

With my PS4 Pro, watching Netflix the first night after I set it up, I had a couple of occasions where the screen glitched for a moment, then the picture and sound seemed to come back offset from eachother, so sound and picture was out of sync until I restarted the playstation.

The next couple of days, that seemed to go away / resolve itself. Then my HDMI switch arrived (my previous TV had more HDMI ports and I need them for PS4 + Xbox + Switch + Sky + soundbar) - 4K@60Hz HDMI Switch 5x1 Awakelion 5 In 1 Out HDMI: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics - and since moving over to that the same issue seems to have come back.

I'm not 100% sure if it ever went away and maybe I just hadn't used it enough in the preceding day to notice it again. I do think I've narrowed it down to only HDR content, non HDR seems to function fine. But when in HDR I get a glitch maybe once every 30-ish minutes, and when I do the audio falls out of sync.

Anyone have recommendations on what I should look into? Likely to be an issue with the TV / PS4 (never used it with a HDR tv before) / HDMI switch / HDMI cables?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Just bought 6754 55". Very good tv for just 450 euro. And very underestimated. Shame there's no better reviews of this fine budget tv (found just one, Spanish). It has direct led VA panel (good contrast, bad viewing angles), software local dimming (called microdimming) 8+FRC, has all those HDR gimmicks (HLG, Dolby vision, HDR10 etc.) and HDR works suprisingly fine although 360 nits of brightness (this is where direct led and those gimmicks are helping). Image is sharp, steady, no juddering and colors are natural, motion is good also for sports, Ambilight is fine addition and all in all this tv may be the best TV in middle budget category. Almost flawless, but as I am Samsung's fan I am sometime missing vibrant colors (wide color gammut) although this Philips' model is better than most of Samsungs' in this price range. It also has good connectivity, HDMI arc, HDMI 4K 60fps, USB 3.0, optical and 3.5mm out etc. and solid UI called Saphi. But there are few problems - first of all remote control is a disaster, especially compared to newest Samsung's and LG's, and software has to get some improvements - the first got to be better responsivity with Netflix and not to became unstable when plugging USB while Netlfix playing. Sound is also good, but I recommend replacing those with some better soundbar.
---- for steoc4@ what is source of HDR, what materials are you watching, are you watching it through Netflix, USB, PS or what, please give us more details... I have no problems with HDR, no glitches, judders or anything like that. Watching Netflix in all HDR UHD (and Dolbyvision) formats, movies of 50 GBs from HDD and USB sticks... everything work really fine and fast.

Last edited:
Picked this up last week and really impressed with the picture and ambilight so far, however I've had a couple of issues.

With my PS4 Pro, watching Netflix the first night after I set it up, I had a couple of occasions where the screen glitched for a moment, then the picture and sound seemed to come back offset from eachother, so sound and picture was out of sync until I restarted the playstation.

The next couple of days, that seemed to go away / resolve itself. Then my HDMI switch arrived (my previous TV had more HDMI ports and I need them for PS4 + Xbox + Switch + Sky + soundbar) - 4K@60Hz HDMI Switch 5x1 Awakelion 5 In 1 Out HDMI: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics - and since moving over to that the same issue seems to have come back.

I'm not 100% sure if it ever went away and maybe I just hadn't used it enough in the preceding day to notice it again. I do think I've narrowed it down to only HDR content, non HDR seems to function fine. But when in HDR I get a glitch maybe once every 30-ish minutes, and when I do the audio falls out of sync.

Anyone have recommendations on what I should look into? Likely to be an issue with the TV / PS4 (never used it with a HDR tv before) / HDMI switch / HDMI cables?

Have you set the HDMI to optimal?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Tv finally delivered. 75inch is a beast. First impressions of the picture weren't great but after adjusting it to my liking it's not to bad. Tv not really near a wall so ambilight is not that bright but I'm moving to a new place next month. Couldn't find game mode for a while and started to panic but found it now. One thing I can't find is a backlight slider setting, surely there has to be one. Over all I'm pretty happy. It is big but definitely inferior picture to my ks7000.

Hi.
Is there a to lock my picture settings, for all input and apps, so I dont need t o dial them in on all inputs.

After some research about my backlight question above it seems contrast is the backlight setting on Philips TV's nowadays. Video contrast in expert mode settings is in fact traditional contrast. Very strange but knowing this has allowed me to dial in the settings to look great for my tastes and I'm now very happy with this tv. Everything was blown out and too bright especially in a dark room because I had contrast up way to high not knowing it was the backlight control. Hope this helps some one else.

I havent got too much problem with too much backlight, but I have the 70 inch one with a VA panel, so it could be because of this.

You can Change this under general and hdmi settings, and set it to optimal
Thanks for the reply I think that setting enables full 18gbs bandwidth. On my past TV's there was a HDMI full or limited toggle. Sometimes labled HDMI low/high. This is for PC 0-255 or film/tv 16-225 black gradients. Can't seem to find it. My past few TV's have been lg or Samsung and all had this setting.

An update after 2 weeks with this TV. Was worried at first I seemed to to have had a lot of clouding in the top right corner and generally the picture seemed washed out. Glad to report after 100 hours running in the backlight seems to have settled, and with dialling in the settings the picture is really good now. I also did a virgin reset in the service menu which seemed to improve the black levels. This maybe placebo though.

Wow what a TV for £900. I'm 10ft away and the picture is so engrossing on a 75 inch. All my 1080p material looks great and the upscaling seems better than my 55 inch ks7000. 4k looks stunning. Using a 4k Roku stick as I find the built in apps a little slow. Hdr is a let down but I knew the peak brightness would struggle. I've set the Roku to 4k no hdr so I still get 4k Netflix and prime with no hdr as I prefer the sdr picture.

Ambilight is AWESOME! Really is a game changer. It definitely adds alot in a dark room. Love it. The black level in a dark room with ambilight is more than acceptable now the back light has been run in.

Gaming input lag is great. Just as good as the 21ms on the ks7000 I'd say. Picture quality in game mode obviously takes a hit because all the processing gets turned off but with the right settings it still looks good.

I find the sound really tinny for such a large TV but I have a sound bar anyway. Other problems are that the sound gets horribly out if sync 8 out of 10 times I start watching anything. I have to rewind a second then play, or switch inputs then back to get the sound in sync. Or even sometimes a full reboot which is becoming very annoying. Hopefully a firmware update can fix this. Also the power lead isn't even the length of the TV? And the power lead goes in on the right side so if your plug is on the wall by the left side of the TV in won't reach? Strange.

Overall though very happy with the TV and would recommend it for this price.

Arrrghh...I've had a 55" Ambilight TV in the front room for a couple of years and we love it, added a couple of Hue Iris lamps to compliment it.
We have a dedicated movie room with a Sony 75XD94 which is great and gets plenty of use. The room is nice and dark as used to run projectors but then I came across 2 things that are now killing me...firstly I didn't realise the Philips Hue HDMI Sync Box was actually out and secondly I came across the 'Thunderstorm video'
Sooo, in my usual 'can't ever wait for anything', I promptly ordered the sync box and 5 play bars. I painted the front 1/5th of the movie room white (including the TV stand) and today I made a frame to fit behind the TV and attached the play bars to it and trying the 2 Iris lamps in various positions but already I have come to the conculsion that having play bars is still no substitute for proper ambilight TV lighting. The app together with play bars just does not give the screen/light placement accuracy and I know it'll make me grumpy so I've started looking for a 75" Philips but Richersounds and Currys seem to be out of stock.

Arrrghh...I've had a 55" Ambilight TV in the front room for a couple of years and we love it, added a couple of Hue Iris lamps to compliment it.
We have a dedicated movie room with a Sony 75XD94 which is great and gets plenty of use. The room is nice and dark as used to run projectors but then I came across 2 things that are now killing me...firstly I didn't realise the Philips Hue HDMI Sync Box was actually out and secondly I came across the 'Thunderstorm video'
Sooo, in my usual 'can't ever wait for anything', I promptly ordered the sync box and 5 play bars. I painted the front 1/5th of the movie room white (including the TV stand) and today I made a frame to fit behind the TV and attached the play bars to it and trying the 2 Iris lamps in various positions but already I have come to the conculsion that having play bars is still no substitute for proper ambilight TV lighting. The app together with play bars just does not give the screen/light placement accuracy and I know it'll make me grumpy so I've started looking for a 75" Philips but Richersounds and Currys seem to be out of stock.
Flygadgets on line have in stock for £818.99 if you search phillips75pus6754/12 it's the first listing that comes up never used them so don't know who they are ?

Flygadgets on line have in stock for £818.99 if you search phillips75pus6754/12 it's the first listing that comes up never used them so don't know who they are ?

Thanks mate, saw them but don't think I'd risk a TV purchase from an unknown with no store front.

Well AO say they have them back in stock so I've ordered one for delivery Friday. Now I just need to look at the extra Hue lights I've bought and see if they work off the TV and the sync box then becomes redundant.

Just a heads up my backlight definitely settled after a 100 hours of use.

About whoever's said tele power lead is short.

It could be worse at least it's actually a removable basic kettle lead which is great compared to the tvs with inbuilt plugs you see nowadays

Can anyone comment on the Dolby Vision performance of this TV? Is it worth getting a new player with DV capability?

These cheap TV's can't show HDR, don't think about Dolby Vision.

These cheap TV's can't show HDR, don't think about Dolby Vision.
Not so sure about that. Watching tons of Dolby Vision (better than HDR) movies and series on my 6754 - very watchable, bright picture with punchy colors. Had HDR problems (too dark) with my previous TV (Samsung 74xx) but with this Philips I'm really surprised. Especially because it was pretty cheap and picture is far better.

Not so sure about that. Watching tons of Dolby Vision (better than HDR) movies and series on my 6754 - very watchable, bright picture with punchy colors. Had HDR problems (too dark) with my previous TV (Samsung 74xx) but with this Philips I'm really surprised. Especially because it was pretty cheap and picture is far better.
Received mine this morning and already wondering if I made a mistake. I've only just started playing with settings but may have a bizarre plan if it doesn;t work out.
Anyway @David7777 would you share your settings when you get time, even as a starting point :)

Received mine this morning and already wondering if I made a mistake. I've only just started playing with settings but may have a bizarre plan if it doesn;t work out.
Anyway @David7777 would you share your settings when you get time, even as a starting point :)
Hi museumsteve I had second thoughts when I first got mine it will take a few hours for the back light to run in I found . I also run the check TV picture check & let it adjust the settings . These are the settings I use which seem good to me
Picture style -standard
Colour - 65
Contrast - 70
Sharpness - 2
Brightness - 50
Colour enhancement - medium
Colour temperature - custom
White point alignment
Red wp - 127
Green wp - 85
Blue wp - 71
Red bl - 2
Green bl - 3
Blue bl - -2
Contrast mode - off
Dynamic contrast - minimum
Video contrast - 88
Gamma - -3
Ultra resolution - on
Noise reduction - medium
Mpeg artefact reduction - minimum
Motion style - movie
As I said seems to take while to run in hope these settings help.
Cheers Sean 👍

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom