Philips 7304 reviews/experiences

Rubieus

Novice Member
Reaction score
Anyone have seen any reviews of the 7304 yet? I have seen only previews of 'the one'. However, the 7304 is available for purchase and in stock at Amazon.de now.

Would like to hear some experiences.

You'd probably be one of the first buyers, it's a very new model that I didn't even knew it was released yet. Anyways, considering it brings Dolby Vision and Atmos, it should be a significant upgrade over my PUS7303 and should have around 500 nits panel compared to only 350-400 nits on PUS7303.

I know I almost regretted buying my PUS7303 when Philips announced the 2019 lineup.

Anyone have seen any reviews of the 7304 yet? I have seen only previews of 'the one'. However, the 7304 is available for purchase and in stock at Amazon.de now.

Would like to hear some experiences.
It's not even out yet and still no release date. Amazon says 3 month wait if your order. And Phillips just recently released a pretty pointless video for it on YouTube asking us if we are ready for it, but the video doesn't give a release date or anything. Philips website has them as "coming soon" but they said they were "coming soon" way back in January, so. The Amazon prices seem pretty steep for what they are i think. All early previews said they thought they would be in line with last years prices. However they seem to be almost double the price according to Amazon's prices. I simply cannot see them being worth that kind of money. They may be packed with extra features like HDR 10, HDR 10 Plus and Dolby Vision, but HDR will be totally pointless on these TV's as they are only capable of 350 to 400 Nits peak brightness. So you don't get proper HDR and it won't be worth using. So why pay almost double for features that are pretty much pointless? You may as well just buy last years Philips TV's as they will be very similar and are less than half the cost. I was interested in trying a 50" one but i sure as hell ain't paying £1000 for one. That's way too much for what it is and offers. More like £500 maybe £600 at a push. And by the time they release and reviewers start getting their hands on them to review i bet it will be about October time before we start seeing proper reviews for them.

You'd probably be one of the first buyers, it's a very new model that I didn't even knew it was released yet. Anyways, considering it brings Dolby Vision and Atmos, it should be a significant upgrade over my PUS7303 and should have around 500 nits panel compared to only 350-400 nits on PUS7303.

I know I almost regretted buying my PUS7303 when Philips announced the 2019 lineup.

To me it just sounded like philips marketing.

It's not even out yet and still no release date. Amazon says 3 month wait if your order. And Phillips just recently released a pretty pointless video for it on YouTube asking us if we are ready for it, but the video doesn't give a release date or anything. Philips website has them as "coming soon" but they said they were "coming soon" way back in January, so. The Amazon prices seem pretty steep for what they are i think. All early previews said they thought they would be in line with last years prices. However they seem to be almost double the price according to Amazon's prices. I simply cannot see them being worth that kind of money. They may be packed with extra features like HDR 10, HDR 10 Plus and Dolby Vision, but HDR will be totally pointless on these TV's as they are only capable of 350 to 400 Nits peak brightness. So you don't get proper HDR and it won't be worth using. So why pay almost double for features that are pretty much pointless? You may as well just buy last years Philips TV's as they will be very similar and are less than half the cost. I was interested in trying a 50" one but i sure as hell ain't paying £1000 for one. That's way too much for what it is and offers. More like £500 maybe £600 at a push. And by the time they release and reviewers start getting their hands on them to review i bet it will be about October time before we start seeing proper reviews for them.

The moment I made this post it and actually right now too it is available and in stock at Amazon.de, that's why I am asking.

Here's a link so you can see:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B07R2FJRX1/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
The moment I made this post it and actually right now too it is available and in stock at Amazon.de, that's why I am asking.

Here's a link so you can see:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B07R2FJRX1/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile[/QUOTE] Hmmm, that's interesting. On Amazon UK it says 3 month dispatch time, and prices are much higher. Maybe we will get them here in the UK later and a different price. Or maybe Amazon UK prices are wrong. They seem pretty steep for what they are. Will be keeping an eye out for some reviews. Although i hear they are a mix of IPS and VA panels. The 50" and 75" will be better VA panels and other sizes will be IPS panels.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Not sure it's worth trading in my 7383 for it, looks almost identical spec wise and doesn't it still use the gen 1 P5 too?

Not sure it's worth trading in my 7383 for it, looks almost identical spec wise and doesn't it still use the gen 1 P5 too?
Dolby Vision support, new SoC (I've been told) so Android TV should run alot smoother. P5 you might be right about, recall seeing a chart about the 3rd gen P5 for the OLEDs ...

Edit: I see the Toengel website has a 2019 chart and lists an MT5599 for the 7304 (which is what I had been told as well months ago). Might be why they are released so late as the Sony's use an MT5598 ...(might even have Android TV 9 on board).
I even checked earlier this week for any info about a new Mediatek SoC for AndroidTV but still found nothing at all.

Last edited:

Can't be P5 gen 1 since it supports Dolby Vision, that's the main reason 2017 and 2018 models can't be updated to support Dolby Vision since it's implemented at a hardware level.

Personally I would've definitely traded my PUS7303 for the PUS7304 if I got the chance.

Can't be P5 gen 1 since it supports Dolby Vision, that's the main reason 2017 and 2018 models can't be updated to support Dolby Vision since it's implemented at a hardware level.

Personally I would've definitely traded my PUS7303 for the PUS7304 if I got the chance.
The new SoC supports Dolby Vision natively ...

I find it incredulous that they would announce the lineup in freaking January, and still not be out with the products.

Is this normal for tv manufacturers?

I find it incredulous that they would announce the lineup in freaking January, and still not be out with the products.

Is this normal for tv manufacturers?

I was waiting for a Panasonic soundbar that was announced in January - it still isn't out. Gave up waiting and bought a Sony one!

Does anyone know what type of dimming the TV has. The website says Micro Dimming Pro. Is it a FALD?

Seems to be a few sold now around Europe. Amazon UK selling and delivering them in the next week or two at a very high price compared to other European sellers I've seen. Will argos, currys or richer sounds be selling this series as all I see from last year is the 6000 series on their websites? Wondering did they even sell the 7000 or 8000 series last year?

Amazon UK listing ATM at a grand!! Think I would rather have an older Ones model.
Argos only sell the 6 series, I got my 7383 from AO, be interesting to see what the price settles at.

Last week you could of bagged a 50 inch 7383 for £374 at AO through eBay with a code!

Amazon UK listing ATM at a grand!! Think I would rather have an older Ones model.
Argos only sell the 6 series, I got my 7383 from AO, be interesting to see what the price settles at.

Last week you could of bagged a 50 inch 7383 for £374 at AO through eBay with a code!
The Hisense U8B is listed on amazon and sold by AO for 650 and has everything the 7304 has from what I can see. Even does 1000 nits of brightness for HDR. Edge lit is the only difference really but doubt that would be too much of problem.

The Hisense U8B is listed on amazon and sold by AO for 650 and has everything the 7304 has from what I can see. Even does 1000 nits of brightness for HDR. Edge lit is the only difference really but doubt that would be too much of problem.

Everything apart from minor details such as Android TV and ambilight which would be like THE reasons to go for the 7304?

I would wait for a WHF review or similar, I can't see it being a giant leap forward on the current 7303, but that is my opinion until a solid test is done.

I would wait for a WHF review or similar, I can't see it being a giant leap forward on the current 7303, but that is my opinion until a solid test is done.

One big upgrade for me would be the faster soc... My main gripe with all (android) smart tvs is the slow cpu. The 7304 still isn't fast, but at least faster then it's predecessors...

One big upgrade for me would be the faster soc... My main gripe with all (android) smart tvs is the slow cpu. The 7304 still isn't fast, but at least faster then it's predecessors...
Have you tested it? On another forum it is in the hands of a couple of users for a user review and the AIDA app says the processor is still based on the Cortex A53 (unlike the A73 in the new MT5898 Sony SoC)

In other news: first impressions by HDTV Polska here Google Translate
I see they also list it as 7374, have read the difference is the remote: the 7304 supposedly doesn't have the keyboard on the flipside iirc.

Last edited:
Have you tested it? On another forum it is in the hands of a couple of users for a user review and the AIDA app says the processor is still based on the Cortex A53 (unlike the A73 in the new MT5898 Sony SoC)

In other news: first impressions by HDTV Polska here Google Translate
I see they also list it as 7374, have read the difference is the remote: the 7304 supposedly doesn't have the keyboard on the flipside iirc.

Not myself, saw a few benchmarks though and apparently it's clocked at 1500hz vs 1100 for the previous version... So that would be a 30-ish percent increase.

Was hoping for the A73 myself as well, but it's in hardly any tv (only the sony's I believe, but only the most expensive models and I'm not willing to spend 2-3k+ for a tv.) And from what I saw somewhere all the new philips models seem to have this MT5599.

But even the OLED803 for example has the slower 1100mhz MT5596...

Hi, here new user of 55pus7304. It's have android 9 for sure.
Before I keep testing tv I would want to hear your comments about backlight bleeding.
Here one photo for discussion.

Attachments

• IMG_20190719_235726.jpg
    IMG_20190719_235726.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6,121
Not myself, saw a few benchmarks though and apparently it's clocked at 1500hz vs 1100 for the previous version... So that would be a 30-ish percent increase.

Was hoping for the A73 myself as well, but it's in hardly any tv (only the sony's I believe, but only the most expensive models and I'm not willing to spend 2-3k+ for a tv.) And from what I saw somewhere all the new philips models seem to have this MT5599.

But even the OLED803 for example has the slower 1100mhz MT5596...
Here photos from AIDA64 with CPU and system info.

Attachments

• IMG_20190721_004653.jpg
    IMG_20190721_004653.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6,900
  • IMG_20190721_004638.jpg
    IMG_20190721_004638.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4,742
Thanks for the info screens.

Considering backlight bleeding... looks quite bad but hard to judge from the picture. In the end it's not what we think of it though but what you think of it...

If it's ok for you, keep it... if not, send it back.

I bought a Philips 43PUS7304/12 on Amazon Prime day for about £200 off retail price and am generally pretty pleased with it. The picture quality is certainly impressive but I am slightly perplexed by the fact that it does not have the ITV Hub or the TV on demand apps for channel 4 and 5. It doesn't have Freeview either ( I presume this is where those missing apps would normally be found on TVs). I emailed Philips support and got a very quick and succinct response which stated that those features are not included on this model and nor is Miracast but Chromecast is. Anybody have any idea why this model lacks those specific apps and functions and if it is likely to be rectified in future software updates?

Looking at specs on Philips site states DVB-T/T2/T2-HD/C/S/S2
So not sure why you say not freeview. What annoys me is the sat is not HD, if one believes the specs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom