Quantcast

Question Philips 7304 and Xbox One 4k Error

EndlessNites

Novice Member
Hi,

Is anyone else having issues with Xbox One X and this TV?

I thought the Xbox was at fault but it's working on a Sony TV

I can't get 4k resolution on the 7304 with my Xbox. All the tv display options in the Xbox settings are ticked as available (native 4k gaming, hdr10, dolby vision etc) and the xbox 4k test states the TV supports 4K.

When I try to switch from 1080p to 4k resolution on the xbox it displays a hdmi signal error then states there is an issue with 4k on the TV, it then resumes in 1080p (4k streaming works on Rakuten.tv along with the 4k demo video) and also some 1080p games stopped working with a signal error.

I've tried all 4 hdmi ports, tried 3 or 4 gold plated, high speed 4 meter (and 3m) hdmi cables from different manufacturers. Tried the TV with game mode on and off and made sure it's in home mode. I'm sure I tried HDMI ultra HD in both Standard and Optimal but dont have the xbox here to double check (it's set to optimal at the moment).

Took the xbox in for repair as it had display and sound issue on an old HD TV as well. Repair shop replaced the hdmi chip and a blown capacitor, it was a difficult repair as a solder point had burned off the board requiring a bridge (if I understood correctly).

Bought it home untested on 4k as the shop didn't have 1 in store but assumed the chip was the error.
Got it home and the faults were still present.

I called Microsoft support who checked my settings and looked up the TV specification. Did a system reset as said it could be a corrupt system file. That solved the display issue with 1080p games but still no 4k resolution. During the reset it detected a 4k TV and asked if I wanted to use 4k, it then again displayed the error: TV has issue with 4k and switched to 1080p. They said it did sound like a chip error with the Xbox, which is 18 months old, so out of warranty.

I returned it to the shop who said they may have to issue a repair refund but tested it on a 4k TV from home.... it works in 4k on their 4k TV. They sent me a video tonight to show me it working in 4k on a Sony TV using the same settings I did. They said to leave it with them over the weekend and they'd look into it further for me. I would of thought if it was an xbox error it wouldn't work in 4k on any TV?

It's been driving me nuts for 3 weeks now, 4k gaming was the main reason for getting the TV. I dont know anyone with another 4k Xbox to test the TV.

Help!
Sal

DarKamui

Hi

I don't know if you still have this problem but my 50PUS7304/12 seems like it works fine with my Xbox One X
Mine works too, but i find colours really washed out if i don't use post processing (colour enhancement) and boost color to 70/75 (in SDR i use 50 without colour enhancement), is the same for you?

Cel

Standard Member
It works fine for me too, but I have to connect the xbox directly to the hdmi on the tv, not via my yamaha receiver.

AVtest

Standard Member
Hi,

Is anyone else having issues with Xbox One X and this TV?

I thought the Xbox was at fault but it's working on a Sony TV

I can't get 4k resolution on the 7304 with my Xbox. All the tv display options in the Xbox settings are ticked as available (native 4k gaming, hdr10, dolby vision etc) and the xbox 4k test states the TV supports 4K.

When I try to switch from 1080p to 4k resolution on the xbox it displays a hdmi signal error then states there is an issue with 4k on the TV, it then resumes in 1080p (4k streaming works on Rakuten.tv along with the 4k demo video) and also some 1080p games stopped working with a signal error.

I've tried all 4 hdmi ports, tried 3 or 4 gold plated, high speed 4 meter (and 3m) hdmi cables from different manufacturers. Tried the TV with game mode on and off and made sure it's in home mode. I'm sure I tried HDMI ultra HD in both Standard and Optimal but dont have the xbox here to double check (it's set to optimal at the moment).

Took the xbox in for repair as it had display and sound issue on an old HD TV as well. Repair shop replaced the hdmi chip and a blown capacitor, it was a difficult repair as a solder point had burned off the board requiring a bridge (if I understood correctly).

Bought it home untested on 4k as the shop didn't have 1 in store but assumed the chip was the error.
Got it home and the faults were still present.

I called Microsoft support who checked my settings and looked up the TV specification. Did a system reset as said it could be a corrupt system file. That solved the display issue with 1080p games but still no 4k resolution. During the reset it detected a 4k TV and asked if I wanted to use 4k, it then again displayed the error: TV has issue with 4k and switched to 1080p. They said it did sound like a chip error with the Xbox, which is 18 months old, so out of warranty.

I returned it to the shop who said they may have to issue a repair refund but tested it on a 4k TV from home.... it works in 4k on their 4k TV. They sent me a video tonight to show me it working in 4k on a Sony TV using the same settings I did. They said to leave it with them over the weekend and they'd look into it further for me. I would of thought if it was an xbox error it wouldn't work in 4k on any TV?

It's been driving me nuts for 3 weeks now, 4k gaming was the main reason for getting the TV. I dont know anyone with another 4k Xbox to test the TV.

Help!
Sal
Worrying bit is that burned solder point and chip?! Was it caused by cable? Maybe you have used that duff cable on your philips tv which quite possibly blown tv hdmi chip and not it fails too?
By the way ask shop to give you hdmi cable they used and try again on your tv with it.#
If you do come to point where you need to send tv for warranty just dont mention you used blown xbox or duff cable :)