Quantcast

Question Philips 7303 - sound cutting out

nif619

Hello all.
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––​

Have the 65 inch version of the above set and have been generally happy with it.
But, recently I've noticed very small audio drops on all sources when using anything but stereo sound.
I have the TV connected to a sonos beam over ARC but I believe its the TV not the sound bar as even with disconnected beam and using internal apps the problem is still there.

Any tips or help would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Kevin

frendex

Novice Member
First thing to try is to restart the TV. Keep it disconnected from the mains a few minutes before you start it up again. If that does'nt help you can try reset the TV to factory default (see manual).If that also fails it can be tricky.

Last edited:

berserkgoose

Hi mate I have the same setup as you and I’m experiencing the same problem. 65PUS7303 with Sonos Beam via ARC. Annoying little drop outs just for a second when passing Dolby digital to the beam.

I don’t think the issue is just with Philips TVs as there’s plenty of people on the Sonos forums with seemingly the same issue but with different TVs. The thing is I had the setup since July and I think it’s only been an issue over the last few months. But I can’t pinpoint what changed.

nif619

Hi mate.
Glad to know it's not just me (sorry to say).
But mine happens even if I switch to the TV speakers.
So unless having something in the arc port is doing it (the TV is wall mounted and pulling the cable out is not so easy) then it must be the TV.
Have you tried using optical?

berserkgoose

You are exactly right with it also cutting out using just the tv speakers, I tested this last night. I hadn't really used the onboard speakers at all until then. So it appears the issue is definitely the tv then. I have tried optical out to the beam and this didn't resolve the issue. One solution would possibly be to get a hdmi switch with optical out for external sources direct to the beam. This would bypass the tv passthrough (no ARC) so would more than likely resolve the sound issue. I've seen these switches for about £30 on amazon.

berserkgoose

Mine is wall mounted too it must have taken 20 minutes of pure fiddling about to manage to plug the optical cable into the back of the tv lol

nif619

Don't really want a switch box.
Amazon are going to take the TV back for a refund.
What was the version after this and is it any good???

berserkgoose

Ok, I was messing about last night with all my settings and somehow ended up where I've not had any sound cut outs for hours....?

It was just on the PS4 last night and fully expected the issue to be there when I tried xbox one/internal netflix etc this morning but it seems to have totally disappeared...literally no cut outs with external/internal apps at 4k and 5.1 digital

I will post my settings/inputs when I get chance if it might also help you?

Nickypick

Novice Member
I've been having the same issue with mine too.

berserk goose - if you could post your settings it would be a great help for me too.

berserkgoose

Ok gents. I will start with the absolute basics. My beam is currently connected to HDMI 4, with xbox one to HDMI 1 and PS4 to HDMI 2. They are all ARC enabled but you never know. The digital out format in the TV settings is set to multichannel (bypass).

Nickypick

Novice Member
I have the drop out issue when an external feed is played into tv through the tv speakers. It's only the odd moment occasionally but it's still annoying.

I have a LG ubk80 4k blu ray player in HDMI 1 and a PS4 in HDMI 2. Any advice?

I'm hoping it's something i can resolve via sound settings.

Fred72

Novice Member
Hello,
I have the same problem with my 65 inch 7304, connected to a LG SK10Y soundbar. Sound is cutting out and sometimes make popping sounds. If I restart the TV it works again.

kedaha

Standard Member
Folks, I have a new 55pus7354 with exactly this behaviour. Sometimes the TV starts cutting audio out for a few seconds - and I can see the receiver just loses audio signal completely before it resumes.

Tried setting to internal speakers and the exact same thing happens.

Happens whether I'm using plex, prime video or viewing networked videos.

Sometimes the TV handles audio fine but restarting isn't guaranteed to fix it temporarily.

Anyone had any success in fixing it permanently?

KingK76

Standard Member
The firmware is to blame. All the unit running TPM171E has issues Amazon Video is the worst but also Netflix is bad. Even the P5 version struckel . There is a lot discussions on downgrading to Android 7, pretty much the only thing to do at the moment
See more

berserkgoose

Hi all

As I posted months ago I had this sound cut out issue but I haven't had it once from either internal or external sources since I changed the hdmi ports as per my post #15 above, back in Nov 19. There may be another setting which had an effect but this is the most obvious one which I think made the difference. I put it down to some kind of bandwidth issue when displaying 4k video. Maybe worth a try changing the HDMI ports around per my post, you never know.

kedaha

Standard Member
Hi all

As I posted months ago I had this sound cut out issue but I haven't had it once from either internal or external sources since I changed the hdmi ports as per my post #15 above, back in Nov 19. There may be another setting which had an effect but this is the most obvious one which I think made the difference. I put it down to some kind of bandwidth issue when displaying 4k video. Maybe worth a try changing the HDMI ports around per my post, you never know.
1) Sound cuts out even using internal speakers and not connected via HDMI to any source (whether incoming or outgoing)

2) I tried HDMI 3&4 - HDMI 4 wouldn't pass sound to receiver. The receiver got a signal, the TV said audio system was active, the volume on the tv remote changed the receive but it still played audio through internal speakers. HDMI 3 worked normally except for the usual audio stutters.