Philips 730 - I'm being ripped off!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Werner Peeters, Oct 13, 2000.

1. Werner Peeters

Werner Peeters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been in a debate with Philips for almost half a year now, because they are not capable of upgrading my DVD player, and eventually they gave up and told me to **** ***.

If you want the full story, please visit http://math.ruca.ua.ac.be/~wpeeters/philips730uk.html

Don't forget, you could be the next victim of these corporate holdings, who drop you like a brick once they've got your $$$.

2. andrew.murr

andrew.murr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Though I wouldn't say I am being ripped off, but insufficient info within instruction manuals Especially for my set the Philips 32PW6826 TV with integrated DVD player.
    1. I have a Sony HiFi system and in the instruction manual for it, it gives in depth details of the Sliders in the graphic equalizer.
    Plilips Fail to do this, What I'm told, is Viewers personal preferences.

2.I don't have the facility to decrease the 3D sound effect, as the effect reduces sound from centre speaker

3. Picture settings, same response to my query, regarding picture settings Contrast especially. have it up to the top of the scale at 99, and it comes up very low contrast. They say it's a case of personal preference.
    any other models like sony or Panasonic, they give full sufficient advice and help in their manuals, Philips fail.
    Let's make things better they say, Bullsh*t. Sadly I cannot change the set for another one because it's still under guarantee, and I've only got to wait til it breaks down then perhaps I will change it for a different brand. Re. DVD, I have the Philips LX3000D home cinema system with DVD player built in, thats great. but TV yuk.:
    So we're both in the same boat.

Cheers and a happy new Year

Andrew D Murr

Sheffield