Philips 728 and 729 DVD Player & Toshiba 32Z44B Television

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Glenzo, May 11, 2005.

1. Glenzo

Glenzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    :hiya: Eventually re-placed my faithful Panasonic A160 which I bought in Nov '99 with the Philips 729 DVD Player Black (Silver Version is Model 728) :thumbsup:

Bought this from www.tesco.com with a Free copy of Finding Nemo for £65

This is really the first anything I've bought of Philips besides a Freeview decoder which I only just got too but haven't set up yet.

Now I'm well pleased all round, Great build quality, looks, picture and sound. Easily made M/Regional straight out of the box!!

The picture is stunning and sound is intense through my Panasonic DDex/DTSes Receiver.

This compliments my new Toshiba 32Z44B (Silver) which I'm also well pleased with, first time I've appreciated a Widescreen Picture.

My set up is from top to bottom:-

Toshiba 32Z44B Television SILVER
    Philips DTR 500 Freeview Decoder SILVER
    Philips DVD 729 DVD Player BLACK
    Panasonic SAHE 100 Receiver BLACK
    Technics SL-PD9 CD Player BLACK

Luckily after some worries the fusion between silver and black is a beaut. Last year I bought a pair of JPW Floorstanders black with a Silver top front so this matches in with the Silver equipment at the top and then the black finish at the bottom with the black gear, fused more so with a Silver stand.

My only gripe with the TV is I find the Scart sockets a bit flimsy which feel weak/ a bit cheap and the DVD Player doesn't seem to have an eject button on the remote. For both some other people may be disappointed with the lack of S-Video or Component connectors. I find Scart the business.

Surely SCART is the best option, in Europe anyhow?

Any interesting comments in particular to the Philips DVD 728/729 or the 32Z44B?

How have others found these models?

2. ColdKilla

ColdKilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    My 728 seems to play everything I chuck at it no bother.

CK