Philips 711 - Disc error

C

cobbyco

I've got a Philips 711 thats about 15 - 18 months old. Its just started freezing and saying "disc error" about 32 mins into almost any DVD I play on it.

Has anyone else seen this ?

Does anyone know where I might be able to take it to get it fixed in the Reading area?

Thanks

Hi cobbyco,

I too have the same mahine possibly a little older. I have had this message but only once. I was using a DTS Audio DVD (Hell Freezes Over - The Eagles) I played the disc once with no problems but the second time I tried to play it a couple of days l8r I got the "Disc Error" message.

If i use any other disc it is normally fine. What sort of discs where you playing??

7ThGuest

Thanks.

It started on Buffy Season 4. The first three discs were OK but then the fourth one, on each episode it would freeze at 32 mins in. It did this on discs five and six and then I tried a Region 1 DVD and it did the same.

Haven't tried any others yet.

my philips DVD player does the same, unless I find a fix I think it will be going to the electronic scrapyard in the sky...

As an aside my bro has a toshiba dvd player SD-530E (think the latest version of it is the SD-5970) its really cool as it skips all the intro menu/faffing about and just auto plays the start of the film, you dont even see the universal/fox intro :thumbsup:

Tom

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom