1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

philips 6618 No R.G.B.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bodcod, Dec 28, 2004.

1. bodcod

bodcod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi all

Just had a philips 6618 28 ws set deliverd, and it does not semm to have an r.g.b. enabled scart input. The set arrived this mornig and i set about testint it.
    First thing i tried was dvd and realised that i could not get a r.g.b. picture.

I tested the dvd player and scart lead with two other tv's and they worked fine giving great r.g.b pictures, the annoying thing is that it clearly states in the instuction manuel tha it has r.g.b. on scart 1.

What the eck are philips playing at i don't understan how a set can get past q.c with this blatant ommission.

If any one is thinkikg of buying this set be warned as i don't think this is likely to be a one off.

NOTE:sent this set back to JL and got a refund, not due to no r.g.b as that was me being stupid and DOES HAVE R.G.B ON av1, but becouse of the awful geomatry which ruied any enjoment of the set. Also the set also sufferd with the faint line down the middle of the screen which plauges a lot of philips sets, just use the search engine and see.

I did have an "engineer" look at the set but like most tv "engineers" i have met he was a waste of time and said i was being far to fussy. HE did not even atteptd to sort out the prob and just stood there with i hand in his pocket looking like he just did not want to be there.

Have to saty JL were very good bout givng me a refund even though they STILL owe m £100.00 :eek:

bodcod

2. philcroy

philcroy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello - I too have just got a 6618 - scart 1 always says MONO - but my main
    gripe is no PIP (blue button on remote) - my serial no. starts HJ100 but all
    showrooms seem to have examples with serial no.s starting AV1N and PIP
    works on them !
    Phil.

3. rjmb

rjmb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bodcod/philcroy

After research and much thought this tv has made my short list.
    Is staggering that there is no rgb interface- with this news i may have to reconsider. The problem is I only have till SAT to buy as leave current job and loose shop discount.
    Bodcod have you since rectified this issue via menu selection, or had further news on this.
    Philcroy have you noticed this rgb issue on your set, i wonder if the (pip)/rgb problems have been rectified on later models. owners advice is a valuable thing!

thanks rich

current link:
    http://www.johnlewis.com/Shopping/Product.aspx?ARA=Audio+%26+TV&CAT=Televisions&SCT=Televisions&PRT=Standard+(CRT)&Type=SKU&Id=230206902

4. bodcod

bodcod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    rjmb just replied to your e-mail

Philcroy i don't have this set anymore but when i did have it mine also did not have pip whn it clearly states on the philips website and insruction manual there is pip.

I did read somewhere that this is a known cockup that philips know about, but can't remember if i read it on tis forum, sorry

Bodcod

5. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,909
    What's the full model number?. If you're asking for help on a forum it's a good idea to give as much info as possible.

6. bodcod

bodcod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11

28pw6618 is the model number, does not apply to me any more i got a refund on the set.

7. rjmb

rjmb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bodcod

thanks for excellent info on message board (didt recieve email reply if thats what u meant). As an alternative to the 6618 i'm thinking of well reviewed philips 28 pw6518 / vs. maybe pana 28pm1(not as good pic) or 28dtx1( no review) both with dvd recorder deal.

what did you replace with?
    rjmb

8. bodcod

bodcod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Haven't replaced with anything as yet but have been looking about, would like to go for another philips simply becouse i feel they have better pic quality than rivila for the same price. The thing that does get on my nerves is hat line down the middle of the screen very noticeble on panning shots on footbal for example.

Saying that if i could get a philips with good geomatry i ould learn to live with the line.

I have not been to impressed with the set i've seen so far , and getting a decent demo is hard. At the moment i'm looking at a couple of sony sets and a well reviewd jvc.

Sony28d11, sony 28cs70, sony 28hx15, jvc 28x4

Review of jvc http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=4680

Bodcod