Philips 65pus8505

Dado78

Novice Member
Hi.. After troubleshooting with my 65pus7304 I have received 65pus8505.. NEVER again Philips.. With one word-this its THE ONE-garbage.. I can't not explain how disappointed I am... Movies in dark scenes look like first LCD TV on market.. Light bleeding over entire screen.. Recently have watch It 😂😂 the movie was comedy compare to my TV - horror with bleeding...

Attachments

• IMG_20201117_231938.jpg
    IMG_20201117_231938.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_20201117_231632.jpg
    IMG_20201117_231632.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_20201117_232912.jpg
    IMG_20201117_232912.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 407

AVtest

Hi.. After troubleshooting with my 65pus7304 I have received 65pus8505.. NEVER again Philips.. With one word-this its THE ONE-garbage.. I can't not explain how disappointed I am... Movies in dark scenes look like first LCD TV on market.. Light bleeding over entire screen.. Recently have watch It 😂😂 the movie was comedy compare to my TV - horror with bleeding...
Welcome to our world :suicide: :D

humax

If you were worried about light bleeding, you should not have bought an ips panel tv in the first place, but choose the 58" or 70" model instead. This panel looks pretty bad. Get it replaced.

Dado78

Novice Member
If you were worried about light bleeding, you should not have bought an ips panel tv in the first place, but choose the 58" or 70" model instead. This panel looks pretty bad. Get it replaced.
But I have 2 years old LG TV with ips panels - and no trouble at all..

humax

You know all ips panels come from LG, right? So basically they are the ones to blame for the quality of their panels. You buy Philips for the ambilight and their picture processing. If you want good blacks, you also get a va panel version. If you do that, then you have a good chance of being a happy customer. Name me another tv brand that gives you the following experience of surround picture through ambilight. The answer is none!

markfawcett

That light bleed does look pretty bad.

Try switching ‘Contrast Mode’ to ‘Normal’ as it turns on Micro Dimming Pro. If it still looks as bad after that, then get it replaced.

markfawcett

That light bleed does look pretty bad.

Try switching ‘Contrast Mode’ to ‘Normal’ as it turns on Micro Dimming Pro. You can also try massaging the screen gently with a micro fibre cloth. You won’t get rid of it completely but can change the pattern of the bleed so that it isn’t as obvious.

If it still looks as bad after all that, then get it replaced.

AVtest

You know all ips panels come from LG, right? So basically they are the ones to blame for the quality of their panels. You buy Philips for the ambilight and their picture processing. If you want good blacks, you also get a va panel version. If you do that, then you have a good chance of being a happy customer. Name me another tv brand that gives you the following experience of surround picture through ambilight. The answer is none!

Just because ambilight is patented does not make it perfect experience.
The moment philips would loose ambilight patent that would mean end era for their tv sector :rotfl:
Yet in tv it is picture quality most important not some LED shining round it.
Statement that IPS panels come from LG is a little misleading should I say. You have no proof what so ever on this. Philips tries to improve profits so outsources panels from other manufacturers.

humax

Nothing misleading about claiming that IPS is an LG technology and that LG provides ips panels to all other manufacturers, just like they do with their oled panels. Read this: IPS | Technology & Solution | LG Information Display .

As for ambilight, it is patented up until 2027 at least and then guess what, Philips will renew their patent. You can now use the hue sync external box with other tvs, but fully set up at the cost of a second tv. Ambilight is more than a few leds. When I go to friends' houses now and watch their non- ambilight tvs, there is something clearly missing and lacking from their picture. It simply feels flat and lifeless.

As for picture quality, there is nothing wrong with their tvs, especially with their va models. If someone feels this is not the case, there are so many other brands to choose from. I, for one, am quite sure I will not be buying a non-ambilight tv any time soon. I am simply addicted to it!

AVtest

Nothing misleading about claiming that IPS is an LG technology and that LG provides ips panels to all other manufacturers, just like they do with their oled panels. Read this: IPS | Technology & Solution | LG Information Display .

As for ambilight, it is patented up until 2027 at least and then guess what, Philips will renew their patent. You can now use the hue sync external box with other tvs, but fully set up at the cost of a second tv. Ambilight is more than a few leds. When I go to friends' houses now and watch their non- ambilight tvs, there is something clearly missing and lacking from their picture. It simply feels flat and lifeless.

As for picture quality, there is nothing wrong with their tvs, especially with their va models. If someone feels this is not the case, there are so many other brands to choose from. I, for one, am quite sure I will not be buying a non-ambilight tv any time soon. I am simply addicted to it!

LG is biggest supplier of IPS panels yes, but it does not meant that all tv's have LG panels. Now you also need to understand IPS is technology so other manufacturers are using it ok? Even if panel is supplied by LG to others it does not mean high standard as they could be made to requested spec. Most important that your statement is misleading as you have no proof its LG panel in that tv!

Patents sometimes might slip or as example business acquisition might happen, there are ways you don' threat :D

I already understood that you are fan of ambilight, but some people just prioritize picture against fancy lights ;)

JK247

Standard Member
I have been testing the 65PUS8535 for close to 4 weeks now and I can say I am very impressed with the colour reproduction and viewing angle. This TV handles Hdr very well and the best point is HD contents upscaling capability. I have in the past 12 months returned 2 led tv. I have a 10year old FHD 50inch plasma that still works like a charm, I never thought I would be able to replace my plasma tv with any other tv than an OLED. The only downside is that you are not likely to get a good colour reproduction without the right picture setting. There are several posts
on this forum detailing how to calibrate the tv.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom