Philips 2K20 85x5/8x5/9x5/9X35/9005 – ranges
Philips 2K19 73x4/7504/8x04/8x4/9x4 ‐ranges

TPM191E _ 101.001.123.008 – Date: 2020/10/21

- Solution for inverted top part of the screen
- Solution for loss of equalizer settings after update
- Improvements for network setup on xxx4 TV range
- Stability improvements
- General improvements

If anyone have any details of the improments included in the update? Please report here including any issues you may encounter.

Download link

*Please note downloading & installing any firmware updates is done at your own risk. If your unsure, please wait for the officail OTA update to become available via your TV set.

Older Updates

Philips 2K19 73x4/7504/8x04/8x4/9x4 - ranges TPM191E _ 101.001.079.005 – Date: 2020/09/15

- Introducing support for DTS Play-Fi
- Introducing Ambisleep feature
- improvements for hbbTV
- improvements for specific Smart TV apps
- Many more minor improvements

AmbiSleep

Well, if you’re using Ambilight to wake you up in the morning, why not to help you nod off at night too? AmbiSleep creates a comfortable environment to help you fall asleep easily by simulating sunset (with the screen off) and gentle sounds of nature. And at the end of the simulation, the TV will automatically switch to standby.

Support for DTS Play-Fi & the new Ambisleep feature to the Philips 65PUS8204 among other sets. Also some minor improvements to specific smartapps although I noted that Dolby Atmos support still seems to be absent from the Disney+ app. Please post details of any improvments, any issues you may have together with your personal experiences generally with this update as Philips only offer a brief summary which is severely lacking in detail as usual.

TPM191E _ 001.004.100.001 UK only – Date: 2020/07/027

- Improvements for BBC iPlayer and FVP in UK

TPM191E _ 001.004.100.000 – Date: 2020/07/01

- Improvements for Google Chromecast
- Improvements for DemoMe - Support for PTA 2.0
- Improvements for audio in B&W models
- Improvements for PVR - Improvements for WIFI
- DolbyAtmos improvements
- Improvements for residual image clearing

Tia

Last edited:
Below is a summary of the two latest firmware releases for this set. Does anyone have any more details of the improments included in the update? particulaly the DolbyAtmos improvements?

TPM191E _ 001.004.100.001 UK only – Date: 2020/07/027

- Improvements for BBC iPlayer and FVP in UK

TPM191E _ 001.004.100.000 – Date: 2020/07/01

- Improvements for Google Chromecast
- Improvements for DemoMe - Support for PTA 2.0
- Improvements for audio in B&W models
- Improvements for PVR - Improvements for WIFI
- DolbyAtmos improvements
- Improvements for residual image clearing

Tia

Unfortunately philips is not good at going in detail with improvements done. I don't think there is even a public bug tracking system with them. Just install and see if anything changed really. Should not be any worse ;)

Does anybody know what PTA 2.0 is ?

Have watched a few films on my 934 with this update and I do feel the sound is improved. Hard to say why but just seem to experience some more surround sound effects and a fuller sounding experience.

Update not on website

The update is available via the settings menu on the TV.

or you could try here for the unofficial downloads

Use Chrome to auto translate.

Last edited:
I can no longer access favourites on sat tuner. When you select the channel manually its got a small heart icon to indicate its a favourite channel but can't find anyway to access list anymore.

I can no longer access favourites on sat tuner. When you select the channel manually its got a small heart icon to indicate its a favourite channel but can't find anyway to access list anymore.

The Favourites option has been disabled in the latest firmware because of some kind of certification problem with Freeview Play. You'll probably find your current favourites list(s) is deleted soon and you'll lose the option altogether - this is what happened to me.

You can get the Favourites list (and a PIP option) back if you reset the TV and during setup change the language to English and the location to 'Other' which will disable all the Freeview Play features.

This means you'll lose BBC iPlayer and All4, but ITV Hub and My5 remain available. It also means you'll get a faster Android TV because it seems the Freeview Play crap was slowing it all down a bit. Personally I don't miss the Play stuff (I just use a Fire Stick to get BBC iPlayer) and I'm enjoying a nippier and more bug-free TV than I had before.

You can always reverse the procedure if it doesn't work for you - just be aware you have to fully reset and rescan for all the available channels each time, so it takes a little while.

Hope that helps.

The Favourites option has been disabled in the latest firmware because of some kind of certification problem with Freeview Play. You'll probably find your current favourites list(s) is deleted soon and you'll lose the option altogether - this is what happened to me.

You can get the Favourites list (and a PIP option) back if you reset the TV and during setup change the language to English and the location to 'Other' which will disable all the Freeview Play features.

This means you'll lose BBC iPlayer and All4, but ITV Hub and My5 remain available. It also means you'll get a faster Android TV because it seems the Freeview Play crap was slowing it all down a bit. Personally I don't miss the Play stuff (I just use a Fire Stick to get BBC iPlayer) and I'm enjoying a nippier and more bug-free TV than I had before.

You can always reverse the procedure if it doesn't work for you - just be aware you have to fully reset and rescan for all the available channels each time, so it takes a little while.

Hope that helps.

Thanks didnt know this! However what I have done now is created a manual channel list and uploaded using USB, slowly I am going through all the numbers and matching wtih Sky numbers.

I upgraded to 101.001.079.005 some weeks ago on my 65oled854, but this version is very unstable. Somehow the video playback gets corrupt, and it will not playback any video from any app - this happens more or less everyday and the only way to solve it is to restart the TV (unplug the power). The problem seems to happens after I've watched some HDR/Atmos content on Netflix and is very annoying!

However, I would like to downgrade to the previous firmware which can be downloaded from Philips support page. Is it even possible to downgrade? I've tested every possible way to trigger the downgrade on my TV, but it will not read my autorun.upg file from the USB-stick. Does anyone know how to downgrade?

[QUOTE = "tsint, post: 28499060, tag: 876630"]
Néhány hete frissítettem 101.001.079.005-re a 65oled854-en, de ez a verzió nagyon instabil. Valahogy a videólejátszás megsérül, és egyetlen videót sem fog lejátszani egyetlen alkalmazásból sem - ez többé-kevésbé mindennap előfordul, és megoldásának egyetlen módja a TV újraindítása (áramtalanítás). Úgy tűnik, hogy a probléma azután következik be, hogy néztem néhány HDR / Atmos tartalmat a Netflix-en, és nagyon bosszantó!

Viszont szeretnék visszaváltani a korábbi firmware-re, amely letölthető a Philips támogatási oldaláról. Lehetséges még leminősíteni? Minden lehetséges módszert kipróbáltam a tévékészülék leminősítésének kiváltására, de ez nem fogja elolvasni az autorun.upg fájlt az USB-meghajtóról. Tudja valaki, hogy kell leminősíteni?
[/IDÉZET]

I upgraded to 101.001.079.005 some weeks ago on my 65oled854, but this version is very unstable. Somehow the video playback gets corrupt, and it will not playback any video from any app - this happens more or less everyday and the only way to solve it is to restart the TV (unplug the power). The problem seems to happens after I've watched some HDR/Atmos content on Netflix and is very annoying!

However, I would like to downgrade to the previous firmware which can be downloaded from Philips support page. Is it even possible to downgrade? I've tested every possible way to trigger the downgrade on my TV, but it will not read my autorun.upg file from the USB-stick. Does anyone know how to downgrade?

Very unlikely you'll be able to backgrade the TV firmware that easily. Maybe you could reinstall the original factory version and work forward from there to get the one you want but you'd need a copy of the original ROM and a way to install it. Possible but not easy.

Before you go that far have you tried doing a full reset/reinstall? My TV used to disconnect from the network after about 15 minutes of streaming causing whatever you were watching to stop/start and some app's to crash. It was OK with Netflix, possibly because Netflix caches things more fully, but everything else was a nightmare. It doesn't do that anymore since I reset the TV (and changed the location to 'Other') so it might be worth trying a full reset (if you haven't already) and see if that fixes your issues too.

Very unlikely you'll be able to backgrade the TV firmware that easily. Maybe you could reinstall the original factory version and work forward from there to get the one you want but you'd need a copy of the original ROM and a way to install it. Possible but not easy.

Before you go that far have you tried doing a full reset/reinstall? My TV used to disconnect from the network after about 15 minutes of streaming causing whatever you were watching to stop/start and some app's to crash. It was OK with Netflix, possibly because Netflix caches things more fully, but everything else was a nightmare. It doesn't do that anymore since I reset the TV (and changed the location to 'Other') so it might be worth trying a full reset (if you haven't already) and see if that fixes your issues too.
You can revert back to the first firmware but it will want to update to the latest firmware.You cant update incrementally unfortunately.

You can revert back to the first firmware but it will want to update to the latest firmware.You cant update incrementally unfortunately.

Interesting. Then check out the link that Tyutyu posted a few messages back because that German site hosts some previous versions of the firmware. I checked for my particular Philips TV and the version offered was a couple of revisions back and released in July.

If you can get back to the factory installed version you might be able to manually update that to a downloaded version you're happy with and then avoid auto-updating to the latest one that's causing problems.

Interesting. Then check out the link that Tyutyu posted a few messages back because that German site hosts some previous versions of the firmware. I checked for my particular Philips TV and the version offered was a couple of revisions back and released in July.

If you can get back to the factory installed version you might be able to manually update that to a downloaded version you're happy with and then avoid auto-updating to the latest one that's causing problems.
If you can download a version of the firmware that will give you what you want,that would be the first hurdle sorted.Then using the rollback method but putting that firmware in instead of the factory installed firmware is worth a try.I have a feeling the tv may not accept it somehow.As long as you have the factory installed version to rollback to,you could try it,but I dont know of anyone having success in doing what you suggest.You would have to turn off auto update and get round the update prompt nagging at you.

I can just update that I unplugged the power cord for 12h and the TV seems to be behave much better! I had no idea that there is some semi-persistent memory that requires some time before it resets.

Hi all, I noticed after updating to TPM191E _ 101.001.123.008 that direct hdmi port selection is now not recognised by the tv (Philips 65pus8204). The consequence of this is that my harmony remote control is no longer able to change the hdmi port to the new source when selecting a new activity. I've spoken to Philips which proved to be pointless but was able to get the previous firmware version from them so flashed the tv back to where direct hdmi switching was working. I guess my question is will this be corrected in another version and does anyone know which network ports to block to stop the 'there is an update for your TV' every time it is switched on? Thanks for any assistance.

Hi all, I noticed after updating to TPM191E _ 101.001.123.008 that direct hdmi port selection is now not recognised by the tv (Philips 65pus8204). The consequence of this is that my harmony remote control is no longer able to change the hdmi port to the new source when selecting a new activity. I've spoken to Philips which proved to be pointless but was able to get the previous firmware version from them so flashed the tv back to where direct hdmi switching was working. I guess my question is will this be corrected in another version and does anyone know which network ports to block to stop the 'there is an update for your TV' every time it is switched on? Thanks for any assistance.
Thanks for posting this, I thought I was going mad as I have lost the ability to switch HDMI ports from my Harmony remote too :(

Would you mind sharing which firmware you are now on that allows the HDMI switching via Harmony?

Thanks for posting this, I thought I was going mad as I have lost the ability to switch HDMI ports from my Harmony remote too :(

Would you mind sharing which firmware you are now on that allows the HDMI switching via Harmony?
Hi, I went back to version TPM191E_R.001.004.100.000 which I obtained from Philips.

The TV always had the facitlity to directly switch HDMI ports but since the last two updates (may be one) they allow the TV to recognise the codes but they now longer switch which is infuriating.

Once you have reflashed the TV disable the automatic update straight away otherwise it will bug you continuously with 'update available' messages.

I have a link for the philips flash package with loader if you dont have it available.

No one needs to go back to the dark ages of multiple remote controls

Sort it out Philips!

Hi, I went back to version TPM191E_R.001.004.100.000 which I obtained from Philips.

The TV always had the facitlity to directly switch HDMI ports but since the last two updates (may be one) they allow the TV to recognise the codes but they now longer switch which is infuriating.

Once you have reflashed the TV disable the automatic update straight away otherwise it will bug you continuously with 'update available' messages.

I have a link for the philips flash package with loader if you dont have it available.

No one needs to go back to the dark ages of multiple remote controls

Sort it out Philips!
Can you DM me how to downgrade my PUS9005? the latest update has ruined certain things on this TV for me.

Hello , how can i revert back to first firmware? Wih .pkg file?

Hello , how can i revert back to first firmware? Wih .pkg file?
Look a few posts up and you will find someone offering a link to previous firmware supplied by Philips and how to roll back.

Look a few posts up and you will find someone offering a link to previous firmware supplied by Philips and how to roll back.
Thank you
I checked the link and messages you mentioned. I just have one question. Now my TV has the latest version 0.98.

After downloading the upgrade loader .pkg file of the 0.98 version to the TV via usb, will the TV have the 0.98 version or will it have the factory version? In this way, will I be able to downgrade with the .upg file of the older version? I will be glad if you answer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom