Philips 65PUS8204 Dolby atmos Nvidia shield & HDFury Arcana

Training4all

Established Member
Reaction score
I have my HDFury Arcana pre-ordered & now out for delivery. I just took delivery of an Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 this morning to work with the Arcana as my TV Philips 65PUS8204 supposedly has no earc. I've now setup the Shield & to my surprise, my 7.1 true HD bluray rips are showing up in the Sonos app as dolby atmos. Anyone with the same or similar set have the same experience?

I don't have a Sonos or a Philips TV so this may be wrong/not applicable etc.

However there are 2 types of Atmos. There is the type of Atmos you get from streaming apps which is based on Dolby Digital+ this is a lower bitrate of audio.
Then there is the "full-fat" Atmos which is what you get on a UHD or (occasionally) a Bluray, this is based on a much higher quality audio which is TrueHD.

Possibly it's only passing the DD+ and not the TrueHD version of Atmos, as it should be able to do that from the apps on the TV.

Good call, it's showing DD+ in the Sonos arc settings. I have my HDFury Arcana coming today so I should be able to get Full TrueHD 7.1 audio playback from my bluray rips via Plex.

Just got my HD Fury Arcana now my problem is I have no more HDMI ports on the Philips 65PUS8204. Can anyone recommend a low cost HDMI switch that will work with the Arcana?

ok just set up the HD Fury Arcana & yes True HD works beautifully with Plex bluray rips on Nvidia sheild thru the Sonos arc straight out the box. Also I swear that even the 4k picture quality has received a boost.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom