Philips 65PUS8204/12 iPlayer no sound and problem reinstall the app

New update is available, hope it fixes the problems you guys are having.

Just installed it and doesn't work for me. No iplayer will need to check prime a little later... Might just do factory reset and try apply the .nvm file and see if that makes any difference

Thanks for all the info/ advice - just installed the update and unfortunately BBC Iplayer doesn't even load now (previously used to work but without sound via TV)...
Anyone else got the same issue and any advice on how to reinstall with a factory reset?

Go in to the Android settings and clear the cache and app storage, then power down the TV, iPlayer should then work again.

Thanks for all the info/ advice - just installed the update and unfortunately BBC Iplayer doesn't even load now (previously used to work but without sound via TV)...
Anyone else got the same issue and any advice on how to reinstall with a factory reset?
same problem, installed the new update but BBC iplay doesn't load just black screen.

If you just get a blank screen then reinstall the software again, this happened to me but it affected all the apps like Netflix and Amazon. After another reinstall they started working.

I was having similar issues but having done the updates I managed to sort everything by plugging in a normal antenna (in loft). The signal in my area is poor so i have always used Freesat but in connecting the normal antenna and scanning for freeview channels (I got all the main ones but HD channels too poor to use) all the issues with the main Iplayer and ITV player apps were resolved. Freeview Play also started working which is useful. So if not tried already plug in a normal antenna.

Nice TV, I think there is a bug when the TV handles a dolby digital signal.

I've bought a Sonos Beam and using HDMI arc there are terrible lip sync issues when my virgin Tivo box outputs DD. I can eliminate this by outputting from Virgin to PCM. But the beam outputs in 3.0 so I'm losing that extra channel. I have a Yamaha soundbar to test later but reading around I believe this is a problem with how the TV processes the DD signal.

Frustrating because like my other Philips, hdmi arc doesn't work with my old but expensive Samsung soundbar So I've bought a Beam and that isn't working as I expected.

Does anyone know how to reboot this tv other than by unplugging it?

hi, just bought the tv, found no sound when using iPlayer, searched on Philips website found suggested to uninstall and reinstall it, but when i managed to remove the app, then I cannot install it again as no ipalyer app found on its app selection. help please? thanks
I am thinking about buying this TV. Do you recommend it? What is your experience with it?

People still having issues with this TV? Considering the 65PUS8204/12 looks like a nice tv for £649!

People still having issues with this TV? Considering the 65PUS8204/12 looks like a nice tv for £649!
Yes, it's a good TV, I ignored the problem and bought a fire stick 4k, really enjoying it. Didn't watch TV before but now I watch everyday, it's great when watching a movie or documentary with amblight on.

What’s the best settings for this tv folks I’ve just purchased one waiting on it coming

Ok, I too purchased an additional Philips ambilight as I already had a 43pus7334 which had no problems with any of the freeview apps. The additional model is the 55pus8204, which was a gift for a family member which does have the problem with the freeview apps etc. I went online and downloaded updated software but made no difference, so called philips who gave me a direct link to the same software? Anyway, something made me think and I carried out a little experiment. The 8204 is connected via ethernet cable to a vodafone router, I disconnected the ethernet and activated wifi to connect to my mobile phone hotspot on 3, to my surprise all apps immediately sprang into action????? I then decided to setup the tv via wifi to the vodafone router and again to my surprise all the apps again sprang into life. So it seems for some reason when connected to the ethernet the apps refuse to work but via wifi they do. Go figure?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom