Quantcast

Philips 65OLED873 4K TV Preview

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
the price of this model in France is 2290 €:
Philips 65OLED873 (TV)
A 65 inch oled at circa £2k at launch from Philips? Unbelievable !!!!
If they have stock in Europe, that’s a new launch price record...
Wonder if just a hoax since there is no stock

technomen

it's a good price indeed but you have to be careful with these first prices!
wait for the other merchants!

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
I had a think and it is not possible...that’s too low and bogus prices

94jdh

Gulp! £4200 on direct exchange rate, so might just break into the upper £3000 ( I'm guessing £3799?)

drdoom2k

Gulp! £4200 on direct exchange rate, so might just break into the upper £3000 ( I'm guessing £3799?)
Yeah, my personal limit would be £2,499 to be honest, which feels like a sort of Christmas deal around then. I do have some hopes that the 803 will push pricing down on these.

94jdh

Yeah, my personal limit would be £2,499 to be honest, which feels like a sort of Christmas deal around then. I do have some hopes that the 803 will push pricing down on these.
I'd like to see one of these with the ambilux projectors but I'm guessing that will never happen!

drdoom2k

Thanks for posting this. I am slightly confused now, the review of the 873 doesn't mention if the panel is indeed a LG 2018 one...anyone got some further info on that?

desinho

Thanks for posting this. I am slightly confused now, the review of the 873 doesn't mention if the panel is indeed a LG 2018 one...anyone got some further info on that?
The 873 is not the 2018 panel, same pixel structure (which can be seen in the Polish review) as this one in the 973.

drdoom2k

The 873 is not the 2018 panel, same pixel structure (which can be seen in the Polish review) as this one in the 973.
Hm, thats a shame, makes me a bit reluctant in paying full LG 2018 prices for an older panel once the Philips is released in the UK...let's see how prices develop!

max_g

Novice Member
I'm thinking that the best option here is the 803 plus soundbar, same processing, newer panel and the design is equally attractive even if not premium..... They seem to have made progress on the discreet input remote codes the detractors seem fixated over let's just hope they fix the UK TV apps and Freeview Play or someone finds a smart way to add or sideload the .apk's

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
Superb price at launch and that’s Darty which frankly not known for deals
If I get it right, only 803 has a 2018 panel for sure...makes you wonder how low the 803 will hit in price...?
There is a Darty in Lille for those with big enough car boot :)
Édit:
This tv has also a 2018 LG panel and this price is not exclusive...find it at 5 major places. If confirmed, that’s a new low for oled at launch and it is just the start...

811789AA-0672-41FA-8659-807E1668551A.png

Last edited:

The Moog

Any news on when we might see an official UK release, or has anyone successfully imported one from Europe?