Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Philips 6517 again....

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by CyBeRkId2002, May 31, 2004.

1. CyBeRkId2002

CyBeRkId2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +125
    Well, got my philips 6517 replaced the other day due to the fairly significant curvature down both sides and guess what... the replacement is just as bad and its getting to be a real problem when watching anything, mainly just because i noticed it a couple of times in the first place....

I would send it back but i threw the box away as soon as id unpacked the tv (the first time) so can't do anything about it now...

Really annoyed as im a student and ive effectively wasted £350 on a tv which im not gonna enjoy watching if i keep noticing the fault, no matter how slight.

oh well.... might try and sell it on a message board and get some of the money back and get a different model.

CyBeRkId

2. rockyglw

rockyglw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Cyberkid when you say curvature down both sides what specifically do you mean. If the curvature is like this ( ) then it should be adjustable by the service menu. As it was with my 6006. If however it is horizontal curvature then it does not appear to be aadjustable and appears to be associated with the price of the set. Remember that virually all CRT TV's have some minor geometry problems. Like you I find it really annoying, but it is better than convergence errors, black bands, buzzing etc.

3. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    Yeah, that should be able to be adjusted from the service menu.