Question philips 6501 100hz

sjefke007

Novice Member
Reaction score
Oh i hope somebody can help me!
i had the ku6000 but the refresh rate was terble 50 hz

now i have the philips 6501 but i still have problems with or the hz or somthing is off
while philips 6501 has 100hz it looks like its on low refresh rate, and faces with movment are not sharp its difecauld to discribe but its like a footbal that is kickt around the screen and leave a trail

this is also happening on my pc as well

also on the pc with the ku6000 the resolution was set native on 4k and with the philips its set on native 1080p 60hz
i have the geforce gt 1030 card hdmi 2.0
i just dont get it any more

this tv cost a lot more then the samsung so i realy hope i can get the help/solution

and sorry for my bad englisch i try my best,im from holland

Last edited:
The Philips is a 120hz panel but you can't actually send it 3840x2160@120hz from the PC because HDMI 2.0 doesn't have enough bandwidth. You should be able to feed it 3840x2160@60hz though.

I believe the frame/refresh settings on Philips TVs are Perfect Natural Motion and Clear LCD.

Although it may be ghosting you're talking about rather than a low frame rate. That's just a characteristic of the panel and while the Philips 6501 is pretty good for an LCD TV it's not going to compare to a TN gaming monitor or CRT/Plasma TV.

You can use Philips clear motion or whatever they call it to help motion by inserting frames. If you choose a custom option rather than one of the presets then you can reduce it without also inflicting soap opera effect.

However as already noted, you can't go over 60hz.

The Philips is a 120hz panel but you can't actually send it 3840x2160@120hz from the PC because HDMI 2.0 doesn't have enough bandwidth. You should be able to feed it 3840x2160@60hz though.

I believe the frame/refresh settings on Philips TVs are Perfect Natural Motion and Clear LCD.

Although it may be ghosting you're talking about rather than a low frame rate. That's just a characteristic of the panel and while the Philips 6501 is pretty good for an LCD TV it's not going to compare to a TN gaming monitor or CRT/Plasma TV.

thank you for explaining it to me. but i dont think this is ghosting that would be realy weird whats the point of a 4k 100hz tv if it would be like this,that cant be it.
its like the screen is flickring when you look fast from right to left above to under on a black screen with white text.

when i set the motion on it judders while it supost to fix it.

must be a setting thing just dont know it

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom