Philips 610 Empty Titles

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Ay Cee, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Ay Cee

Ay Cee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,
    Does anybody know how merge or delete 2 seperate empty titles on a disc. I have a disc and there are 2 empty titles showing on the disc. One with 2 hours available and one with 1 hour available.

Does anybody know how I can make it so I'm back to having a full 3 hours worth of recording on the one title.

Thanks.

2. musukebba

musukebba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    You cannot merge any titles, whether empty or not, on Philips machines like the 610. Nor can you link the two empty titles together, if one is sandwiched between other recordings. The only option is to copy the titles to PC and then delete the recordings off the disc to free up space again (if it's a +RW disc). Alternatively, if you are not already on the lowest quality record setting, you can change the mode to a lower quality for the empty titles, and squeeze more in.

The non-HDD Philips machines are designed to be as close as possible in concept to a VCR - thus linear recordings cannot be moved around the disc, nor can the free space be amalgamated. At the time it was seen as an advantage in getting people to switch from VCR to DVD, but eventually as you get more acquainted with DVD recording, the limitations of the design become quickly apparent.