• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Philips 5980 Software Upgrade

Paul97

Hi
I noticed that there is a software upgrade for my DVD player, my question is.
a: Is it worth while doing
b: Is it easy to do.

Cheers

Paul

dave_bass5

Distinguished Member

Paul97

Hi Chris 57
Thanks for the reply, as Dave says will this work with the 5980 & do I have to download any other updates or just the latest one.

Cheers:smashin:

Paul

chris57

DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY FIRMWARE FROM PHUNKYFISH'S PAGE IF YOU HAVE THE 5980.

Everything else on the page is fine. There are guides on how to resize HR divx fioles to play on a divx compatable player. Links to apps for removal of packed bitstream. Guides on removing QPEL/GMC, how to upgrade firmware, and many other useful things that are equally applicable.The update etc.

So get the upgrade for the 5980 from Phillips then use the info from phunkyfish page on how to burn it and apply it.

T

TSAGOS

HI! I was trying to update my dvp5980 and an electricity failure stoped it. Since then my dvp is not responding. Any idea what should i do?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom