Question Philips 58' PUS8505 Light bleeding Lottery?

Tomas155

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm thinking of switching my 2019 Philips PUS55 7304/62 because of terrible light bleed across the screen. Is there any possibility that this will happen with 2020 Philips 58' PUS8505 model? I heard they are using different panel and 2020 model has richer blacks but I couldn't find anything about bleeding.

Indeed a lottery, I have a couple of spots on my 65" but fortunately, I can live with them as they do not hamper picture.

Hello everyone! I'm thinking of switching my 2019 Philips PUS55 7304/62 because of terrible light bleed across the screen. Is there any possibility that this will happen with 2020 Philips 58' PUS8505 model? I heard they are using different panel and 2020 model has richer blacks but I couldn't find anything about bleeding.

To my understanding, there hasn't been any widespread issues with light bleed with the 58 inch model. Ofcourse you might get unlucky, but nothing really indicates any kind of lottery.

Your TV has an IPS panel and the 58 inch has an MVA panel, so the experience would probably be quite different in any case.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom