Philips 55PUS7805 or LG 55UN73 also HDR Question

Bakey

I posted on here the other day regarding wide angle viewing and got some great advice. Unfortunately I'm not sure I can justify paying £1k for the Sony Kd55xh9505 or when I'll be able to. I'm going to need an ips panel TV and can go upto a 55", presumably whatever one I go for will be an improvement on our current LG 43"HD TV but approx £500 is still a lot to pay if not. Looking at the 55" Philips PUS7805 or LG UN73. I think the Philips has dolby vision which the LG doesn't but apps etc aren't a problem as I'll use the 4k fire stick I've got. Is not having a 'proper' HDR TV a major issue if I'm doing this, also I want to get a 4k player but is it worth bothering without an hdr TV? I also have Sky Q. I'd go for a Hisense if I didn't need the wide angle viewing (although this affects where my husband usually sits and he's not as fussy as me :laugh:, it's an approx 25/30 degree angle).

pastrybloke19

At £500 you won’t be able to buy a TV that will do HDR to a good standard, and if you watch programs with HDR, then it can look crap. So I would say a 4K player isn’t worth it.

In @Dodgexander guide there is a Hisense that is half decent at HDR (kinda like XH9005), at a great price, which might be an option; but could be VA.

My guess is you will best to either; save up (spring is generally when the best prices occur) and maybe look at refurb), or get a cheap 55” IPS and disable HDR (you can do this for external devices, not for built in apps).

hope that helps.

Bakey

Decided to spend the extra and I’ve ordered a Sony KD55XH9505, there didn’t seem any point spending less and not being happy.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom