Quantcast

Question Philips 55PUS7303 freezes after 1h of x265 HEVC HDR trough USB/DLNA

SympathyForTheDevil

Novice Member
As described. Every HDR movie in HEVC x265 coding(large file sizes ranging between 20 and 50GB in size) makes my Philips freeze after 40-50-60min(its random).

After that,TV doesn't want to play any kind of video content via USB or DLNA....giving FORMAT NOT SUPPORTED. Only solution is to pull the electrical plug out and in(reboot).

Is that a normal behavior or i should use my warranty asap?

I've googled a bit and it's a rare occurence on all tv brands. LG,Sony,Samsung,all affected sometimes.

Roykster

Novice Member
Unfortunately, I have the same problem on 55PUS7303 for HEVC ×265 HDR files (even not-so-large ones like 10GB in size) playing through USB port. The TV freezes after about 40 minutes and gives the same error as yours. I unplug the TV and reboot it. It does the same thing again after the said time. Honestly, this is very annoying.

Julian71

Will have to try some bigger x265 files, but x264 works with no issues for me.
I always try to aim for at least 10,000 kbps video bitrate, just wondered if the tv has a maximum safe bitrate for playback in x265 format through usb 2 or 3.

SympathyForTheDevil

Novice Member
Yeah it seems like tv cache/memory getting clogged after some time.

I'll have to try placing PC next to TV and playing same content trough HDMI before buying a looong HDMI to see if it's freeze free.

Roykster

Novice Member
Have u tried playing the same file from source trough HDMI? Like PC or Android TV box?
I don't have another medium like a powerful PC to play such files, so I cannot test them through HDMI. Please let me know if you place a PC next to TV and try playing those x265 files through HDMI.

SympathyForTheDevil

Novice Member
I don't have another medium like a powerful PC to play such files, so I cannot test them through HDMI. Please let me know if you place a PC next to TV and try playing those x265 files through HDMI.
Ok,outside source works,but after long personal crusade i found out what's the problem with internal decoding:

Crappy Philips default media player.

Replace it w MX Player,put your HDR x265 behemoth on USB drive,open MX player first,pick a file and enjoy in uninterrupted playback.

Tripylsd

Novice Member
I have the same problem on my Philips 50PUS7303/12 and I've solve it using the app Kodi.
Many people had problems with the audio throughput, not being able to have Dolby or DTS streaming in the A/V receiver, but you have to activate it in the Kodi's settings page (from the main menu, not from the movie player menu). I
The problem seems to replicate also in many Sony Android TVs.

I hope it helps