Philips 55PUS6703 - Motion problem

Toggling the setting solves it for me for the whole session. No issues with built in Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Toggling the setting solves it for me for the whole session. No issues with built in Netflix or Amazon Prime.
I'll try amazon prime tonight. i have the built in one too :)

you toggled on an external device ?

I'll try amazon prime tonight. i have the built in one too :)

you toggled on an external device ?

Yea, I toggle every time with Sky Q. Only once every session. It's annoying but I've learned to live with it.

I sold my 50PUS6703 this week and bought an Samsung 55" RU8000. Motion and picture quality is breathtaking. However, I know that selling this TV is not a solution. I just hope everyone here will get an update solving the problems...

Yea, I toggle every time with Sky Q. Only once every session. It's annoying but I've learned to live with it.
I'm the same. Just got into the habit now of switch on and cycle the picture setting.
Guess even bad things don't seem as annoying after a while, just thankful I've a workaround unlike some others.

I'm the same. Just got into the habit now of switch on and cycle the picture setting.
Guess even bad things don't seem as annoying after a while, just thankful I've a workaround unlike some others.
I do the same. It is just force of habit now.

I have a smart WiFi plug that I'm currently not using. I was just wondering if I plugged my TV into it I could schedule for it to turn off at the mains at some point every night so that when I need it the next day the TV has essentially cycled through the picture modes.

I believe unplugging the TV also fixes the motion issues, right? Just occurred to me that this could be an easy solution to the problem but not sure how I feel about unplugging my TV everynight.

Any thoughts?

I have a smart WiFi plug that I'm currently not using. I was just wondering if I plugged my TV into it I could schedule for it to turn off at the mains at some point every night so that when I need it the next day the TV has essentially cycled through the picture modes.

I believe unplugging the TV also fixes the motion issues, right? Just occurred to me that this could be an easy solution to the problem but not sure how I feel about unplugging my TV everynight.

Any thoughts?
Sounds like a plan. Didn't know that unplugging also fixed the issue but will try this myself as I also have a spare WiFi plug.

Tried unplugging the TV to see if this solved the issue but unfortunately it doesn't. It's only the cycle the image solution that I found works.

Well there's that plan out the window! I vaguely remembered the TV being fine after a restart but maybe that was due to an update or something.

Thanks for letting us know anyway.

Unbelievable

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us with regards to your query. We would like to provide you with the following information.

After the careful investigation on the issue our technical team suggest that the panel limitation of your TV is 50Hz frequency, whereas higher model TV has higher capacity of the panel.

Hence, they have conclude that this TV is within specification on basis of your TV panel capacity.

Therefore, We would like to inform you that your TV doesn't require any kind of Repair intervention.

With kind regards,

Philips TV Consumer Care

Last edited:
So they're completely ignoring the fact that cycling through the picture modes gets the TV working perfectly. Excellent.

Cycling the picture modes must change the panel completely. Who knew eh?

So they're completely ignoring the fact that cycling through the picture modes gets the TV working perfectly. Excellent.

Cycling the picture modes must change the panel completely. Who knew eh?
That was the gist of my reply back to them, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'll see if AO can help cos I'm done dealing with first line support. Can't be bothered to trawl through my old posts on here but as a seasoned HTPC veteran I'm used to the peculiarities of telecine judder, pulldown and all that jazz. While this may manifest itself in a similar way, to your point, if toggling the setting 'fixes' it for that session, then it clearly ain't a hardware limitation.

Ah...thats pretty insulting, they should give us more credit.

Last edited:
i just had philips support by phone, and he actually told me that the motion problem was normal from internal android TV app.
"you can't expect your TV app to provide a good quality image compared to an external decoder"

Considering my external decoder is a mecool m8S pro L (that i got from a friend to test) which can't even provide a 4k signal... let's say i a little skeptical ....

BTW, i'm going to try to contact philips PR to inform that i really can't accept that kind of statement.

My TV is a 43PUS7394/12, it is android TV
The motion problem is exactly the same as other models.

My TV is a 43PUS7394/12, it is android TV
The motion problem is exactly the same as other models.
Ah christ well that rules out my next option then. I take it you've got all enhancements/motion processing turned off?

maybe the menu have the same names

I've got pretty much everything in P34 turned off - https://www.download.p4c.philips.com/files/5/50pus6753_12/50pus6753_12_dfu_eng.pdf

To be honest, it may be worth you starting another thread for the Android-based sets unless they operate on similar software, your set is a year/generation newer too. I think there is a '4 series' thread in this subforum.

----

Full credit to AO who've chased this with an escalation point at Philips, who has apologised for the previous answer and confirmed it's a known software problem.

Pertinent part:

"
I have discussed this internally, this is a known issue and we are currently awaiting a software fix from our SOC vendor.

I am told this will be available in a few days, but would give it a little longer.

Once it’s available I will share it.

"

That sounds promising but as the saying goes, it's the hope that kills you...

Fingers crossed tho!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom