Philips 55pus6501/12 Sound but no image.

sorkraka

Novice Member
Few days ago the screen just wont work when i turn the tv on, i can get into netflix because of the easy access button on the remote and get sound, i've tried to reset it by killing the power and so on but nothing seems to work, even opened it up but couldn't really tell that anything was burnt or loose.
Could this be some software update that went wrong or might the screen just literally be dead, because looking into it on the internet it seems i'm not the only one with this problem, what do i do?

EDIT: Images from when i opened it up if you were to see an issue i didn't

EDIT: i flashed a light on the screen and looked very close and could barely see the subtitles from whatever netflix had put on!

Last edited:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
If you can see a pic by shining a light at an angle at the screen that means the problem is with the backlights.

sorkraka

Novice Member
Alright thank you. Then i at least have something to work with, now to the hard part to pin point the exact problem, maybe you know if its usually an easy fix or something visible if i open the tv up again and take a closer look at it, and how to do so?

Cant really afford to send it to repair knowing the absurd prices they usually charge for simple things..

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Unfortunately there's no easy way to diagnose the cause without sophisticated test equipment.

sorkraka

Novice Member
While this is not really my expertise and my knowledge is very limited and i dont have such tool right now, but i guess i could buy a cheap one like this:

for 20 bucks to measure if there are any power around the backlight contact etc?

Because my small knowledge about this is that errything still in place nothing loose or burnt, all the capacitors looks good no miss coloring or knobbly, maybe i have to take the whole thing apart to look on the other side?

PSU:
Dp2178P.jpg

Contact to Backlights:

uTp5Uzy.jpg

m2cky8C.jpg

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I wouldn’t waste your money buying a multimeter.
It won't help with those symptoms.
Better to put it towards a replacement board.

sorkraka

Novice Member
Well i've wanted a multimeter for various reason but never had a legit need to purchase one, and what if just buying a new board actually won't fix the problem that's what i'm afraid of, i also have no idea where to even get one of these boards

Vagner

Novice Member
Hi,
I know it's been a long time ago, but did you manage to fix the issue?
I'm asking because I had the same problem yesterday and I'm thinking about buy a new mainboard.
There is sound but no image, not even when I use strong ligth in front of display.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom