Question Philips 55PUS6401 - standby button brings up Netflix

johnny8977

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all.

Bought this TV yesterday and pleased so far.

However, have a bit of a strange problem. When I go to turn it off, using either the remote or the button on the back, it goes off for around 15 seconds, then comes back to life on the Netflix logon screen. I don't have Netflix at the minute so can't log on to see if that would stop it. But I can't see it being a design feature to bully people to subscribe if they want to be able to turn the TV off!

Anyone any idea? Can't find anything on Google and the manual doesn't suggest this is a feature.....

Also, anyone with any recommendations for picture settings?

Thanks.

The set could be in a "Demo" or "Shop" mode.
When you first set it up did it give you an option to setup for home or shop use?
Maybe look for a reset option and go through the setup again.

Yes, remember that option during setup and definitely chose 'home'. I've just gone through some of the options and ran a picture and sound test that seems to oddly have cured it, for the 2 minutes I spent staring at a blank screen anyway. If it isn't fixed and try a reset. Thanks for the suggestion.

Re-installed, definitely in Home mode - no change. Called Philips and they haven't a clue. Waiting for them to come back to me :~

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom