Philips 55PUS2401/12 Audio Pops

theredcelt

Hey all,

For a while now I have been plagued by audio pops and crackles through my Philips 55PUS2401/12 unit. These tend to occur intermittently and specifically on loud bass frequencies.
Initially I thought it was my sound bar, so replaced the optical cable to no avail, then discovered it occurs through the integral TV speakers, which leads me to believe it is an issue with the TV unit itself processing audio - I have changed all available audio settings on the TV to no effect.
I don't really watch TV on it, so can only speak for my experiences gaming, watching videos and listening to music on my PS5 (happened with my PS4 before it) and my PC, both connected via HDMI. It does not occur through headphones directly connected to either Playstation or PC.
Interestingly, the issue disappears completely while using my PC if I change the setting under Sounds > Playback > Philips FTV > Properties > Advanced, and change the sample rate / bit depth from '16bit, 48kHz (DVD quality)', which is default, to 24bit, 96kHz (Studio quality)', which is the highest available option. I'm not sure what this means, but thought worth mentioning. Unfortunately the PS5 has no such setting or I could ignore it.
Anyone with audio expertise or experience otherwise that might have an idea or a solution that could share it would be much appreciated, hoping it is fixable and that the unit isn't a goner, since it is fine otherwise and out of warranty.

Thanks in advance!

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom