Answered Philips 55POS9002 vs 65PUS7502 ?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Roedmand, Jul 20, 2018.

?
  1. 65PUS7502

2. 55POS9002

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Roedmand

Roedmand
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I need your help. Googled everywhere but I couldn’t find a good comparison.

We have a Philips 55PFL6108 and a BenQ W1070 projector on a 100” screen, which is fine, but we want to slowly switch to 4K HDR starting with the TV. It will be connected to an Apple TV 4K mostly for playing Netflix and HBO as well as YouTube (YouTube 4K doesn’t work on the Apple TV 4K - this is embarrassing!) so I’ll use the Android TV app. Sound is going out through a Sony N9200WL 5.1 System.

What would you buy if you had to choose between the Philips 55POS9002 and the Philips 65PUS7502? Price difference is insignificant, around 100€ more for the OLED.

Smaller better picture OLED or bigger slightly worse picture LCD?

Thank you!

Best regards,
    Roedmand

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Dodgexander, Jul 21, 2018 (1 points)
  3. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,410
    Best Answer
    I think that Philips LCD is using an ips panel so will have decent viewing angles at the cost of worse Black's and contrast, the screens of IPS panels also tend to leak more light from behind to which isn't ideal to keep all areas of the screen as uniform as possible. For an LCD it also doesn't get very bright so it's HDR performance will be poor.

The oled simply is in a different class.

This year Philips also make 65" versions of the oleds but of course they carry a much larger price.

A more comparable Philips LCD to the oled would be the 8602. Sadly looks like the new 8603 is going to be IPS. Maybe the new 9 series LCDs will be VA though and similar to the 8602... But again these probably cost more.

In most cases I say bigger is better, but not when the alternative LCD isn't great value compared to competitors for its price.