Philips 55oled854/12 ambilight+hue problem

masterpuskyn

Novice Member
Hello, can someone help me?
I got a new tv philips 55oled854/12 and the ambilight synchronization with my Hue system dont working at all.
I managed to configure amblilight+hue but no coordination with the image or the tv light.
On my old philips tv 49PUS7502/12 ambilight+hue works great.
i try everything, reset hue bridge, reinstall the tv.... without result.
tv firmware version TPM191E_R.001.002.173.004.

masterpuskyn

Novice Member
Did you fix the issue? I am having issues now after updating the android OS
Yes but i change the philips hue hub with a new one.
Everything else (spots,lightstrip and bulbs) works perfect with the old hub but the ambilight hue not. The both hubs are from the new generation and are updated at latest firmware.

mdurkin

Standard Member
I have the same problem with the 65oled804, new hue hub, new hue bulbs. I've opened a case with Philips as it seems certain to be a software problem. Do we think this is specific to the new bluetooth bulbs only, or a general problem?

MateoM

Novice Member
Hi All.

I have the same problem with my 55oled804. After last system update my all HUE e27 bulbs stops works with tv ambilights. I did all previous advice. Reinstall tv, pull power cord... but nothing helps at all.
I found a solution: On the phone in the Philips Hue app, you need to remove all the bulbs in the Light Setup menu and add them again. All scenes are deleted, but reconfiguring Ambilight + hue on Tv helped and everything started working again as it should.

lighttv3

Novice Member
Hello,

with my new Philips PUS8505 (2020 version) bought last week and hue bridge bought last year I have the same problems. I am quite sure that it is a software problem of TV.

Temporary workaround:
I have found a temporary workaround. You have to reset the picture, sound and ambilight settings every time you switch on the TV (General Settings > Factory settings)

Please open a ticket for the support, so they see, that this is a general tv problem.

Jim85

Novice Member
Hi all -

Theres a software update just landed - taking a while to install... Guess it's chunky - 🤞 I'll let you know if it clears the issue

lighttv3

Novice Member
Hi all -

Theres a software update just landed - taking a while to install... Guess it's chunky - 🤞 I'll let you know if it clears the issue
Thank you for the information. I try it on my 65 inch TV.

Edit: Works fine now :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom