Quantcast

Philips 55OLED754 vs 803

Xexets

Standard Member
Hi all, I would like to get a 55OLED754. The only thing that stops me at this point is that I cannot see it anywhere in a showroom nearby and there are no reviews of this panel on the internet. Does anyone in this forum own it?
Also since it says that it mounts a 2018 panel with the 2018 processor, can I assume it is basically the same (in terms of performance) as the 803 (which has been extensively and very positively reviewed)? Many thanks!

Xexets

Standard Member
If I don't get any reply I am going to pull the trigger and if I really regret it I'll just return it!

Xexets

Standard Member
I pulled the trigger! Delivery Friday. I will let you know, although I have absolutely 0 chances to compare it. The TV it is replacing is a 40 inch 1080 7 year of Sharp and I have an IPS 4k gaming monitor on the PC!

Xexets

Standard Member
Richer Sounds. Arrived today. It’s absolutely stunning. I can’t say much more though because I come from 1080p old tv... So far so good, well worth the money! Only thing I cannot get My Marantz NR1506 to send it DOlby Vision signal, but that’s for another forum!

Xexets

Standard Member
I am no expert nor I have tried many TVs but all I can say is I am really impressed. No fiddling with settings whatsoever out of the box it just looks great. The Saphi smart tv is fiddly mind you, but I have an nvidia shield so I just used it to check Netflix with Dolby vision. And I can’t comment at all on free view I didn’t even plug the antenna in! So I can’t promise you you won’t be disappointed but I can tell you I certainly wasn’t!

jpr141

If the 754 is basically a 803 with dolby vision and without andriod. Its an absolutely stonking bargain. I just read the 803 review.

Get roku or something add that to this TV. Sorted!