Philips 55OLED754 and DolbyVision issue

Earwig999

Novice Member
Reaction score
I’ve recently upgraded to a Philips OLED754 and have to say despite reservations that the picture may not be very bright in a light room and adjacent to a large window, it’s great.
I also purchased an LG SN7Y soundbar to take advantage of Dolby Atmos, however this sounds better than the tv alone, but is still somewhat underwhelming.

After spending hours configuring the picture, updating software, upgrading cables and syncing my remotes etc. I am now ready to watch and enjoy 4K.

I have encountered an issue with Netflix via the TV, whereby any Dolby Vision movie or show plays and the TV recognises it as a Dolby Vision signal and gives me the notification, but the picture is like a negative with highlights and shadows all magenta, blues and greens. I thought it may be the pass thru from the sound bar, but this is direct from the tv.
This is the only way I currently have of playing Dolby Vision content to test it.
Any ideas what may be wrong or is my TV not working?

I'd do a factory reset and check for a software update, dv looks gorgeous on this tv

Holy thread resurrection....
I think I may be experiencing the same issue after a few months of using the PUS9005.

Did the factory reset permanently fix it?
I’m struggling to understand how this could happen and why a factory reset would resolve.
I spent some time calibrating, configuring apps etc. Not impossible to do again, just a pain.

Thanks,

George

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom