Philips 55 Oled 804, 854 Owners Thread

Silverblack

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As per title thought it made sense to make an owners thread as i’ve just got the 804.

A thread is nothing without pictures so heres one, and more to follow as it’s been a long day!

D5497584-44D1-4CD8-B14B-0F74C1A4FEAC.jpeg

I will say this i’m super impressed with the deep rich blacks smooth motion crystal clear picture. I’ve got the tv controlling my ATV and PS4

My settings so far is... Movie mode perfect natural motion minimum, clear motion minimum, all noise reduction settings off all HD sources picture format set to screen fit

So far this tv is surpassing all expectations... I’ve since got it on the wall and it’s just an incredible picture! The amount of detail it is able to eek out is hard to explain, the pictures don’t do it justice if i’m honest.

Attachments

• BB4E654A-F8BA-4F93-B33F-F6581E1E6EA4.jpeg
    BB4E654A-F8BA-4F93-B33F-F6581E1E6EA4.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 559
  • B49D2976-588D-40E4-A58E-57E24947C077.jpeg
    B49D2976-588D-40E4-A58E-57E24947C077.jpeg
    218.1 KB · Views: 524
  • 265583F2-6C46-4DC5-BFB8-D9BB15BBF1A0.jpeg
    265583F2-6C46-4DC5-BFB8-D9BB15BBF1A0.jpeg
    265.8 KB · Views: 658
Last edited:
Hey, thanks for starting the thread.

I've got my eyes on this tv.

What's the motion like on high settings?

What's the lip sync like on Netflix?

I haven’t tried the high settings, as i’m sure i will run into artefacts...

Honestly the motion on it’s lowest setting is so sharp and i haven’t experienced any blur, i unfortunately don’t have Netflix so can’t help you there sorry.

The combination of the P5 processor alongside the perfect natural motion and clear natural motion setting combined displays pictures in an almost 3 dimensional manner.

Motion on high settings is not great.Too many artefacts.
On the netflix internal app,no lip sync issues via arc through denon avr.I have not tried it through the tv speakers.

Just adding to this thread playing PS4 on the HDR setting is insanely good...

However i don’t like the game mode i find that it looks over saturated and garish for my liking, i much prefer the movie mode with all motion processing switched off.

I’m happy to report that i’ve suffered no lag playing pes 2020 the graphics are sharp vibrant and is very responsive.

On another note i think richersounds sold me a european model as the manual is in a different language also the signage on the box is a different language and the remote doesn’t have the freeview play button.

It’s not a big deal as i have the manual downloaded in english and the tv found and tuned all the available HD channels. As well asks what language you want on initial setup so no big deal.

Just a little info for any who may be wondering

Attachments

• 2940EF0B-1567-4140-9BF7-F8BC5CF72D7A.jpeg
    2940EF0B-1567-4140-9BF7-F8BC5CF72D7A.jpeg
    377.2 KB · Views: 639
Any issues with the system software?

My Dad has a Philips POS9002 which also runs Android TV and it has caused quite a few problems, such as motion settings not being saved properly or not respecting the user's selection.

Any issues with the system software?

My Dad has a Philips POS9002 which also runs Android TV and it has caused quite a few problems, such as motion settings not being saved properly or not respecting the user's selection.
Yes, very poor details in dark scenes in HDR10+ and DV, is a shame and a waste of money

Hello

Im new here and Im also new owner of OLED 804. I wanted to ask about 1 thing, because I have google home mini speaker. I can turn on my TV using google home mini, but I cannot turn it off, is it possible to turn it off somehow? I have also alexa speaker in home, I installed Alexa on TV and Alexa can turn it on, off and even swith TV channels, TV have google home build in and I cannot do same things using google home speaker. I can of course use google home from remote controller but its usless for me to have remote with me all the time.

Best regards

Hi, my Philips 804 arrived yesterday. Overall really happy with it. I have struggled to find perfect settings though. I keep getting pixelated images when there's fast motion. I have also noticed that my screen doesn't seem to be central with a larger boarder with unused pixels on the L/H side. In the display format settings the option to try to fix this is greyed out. Has anyone else encountered these issues with their sets?

Hi, my Philips 804 arrived yesterday. Overall really happy with it. I have struggled to find perfect settings though. I keep getting pixelated images when there's fast motion. I have also noticed that my screen doesn't seem to be central with a larger boarder with unused pixels on the L/H side. In the display format settings the option to try to fix this is greyed out. Has anyone else encountered these issues with their sets?
Hi, the larger border is due to the pixel shift function that is a protection feature against burn in. I have a 854 as of last week and the border moves around the sides of the screen with respect to time I.e. will shift from left to right and I think top and bottom too. See if yours does that. As far as I know you can’t disable it.

i have been playing with the motion settings too and movie mode seems to introduce the least interpolation artefacts that you maybe seeing? Also produces no soap opera effect. What mode is your motion settings on? Tbh I’m getting used to the motion as it’s different from my 2012 Samsung and actually made me feel a bit queasy but seems better day by day. Super telly though. The picture is amazing in general especially with a 4K hdr source.

Hi, the larger border is due to the pixel shift function that is a protection feature against burn in. I have a 854 as of last week and the border moves around the sides of the screen with respect to time I.e. will shift from left to right and I think top and bottom too. See if yours does that. As far as I know you can’t disable it.

i have been playing with the motion settings too and movie mode seems to introduce the least interpolation artefacts that you maybe seeing? Also produces no soap opera effect. What mode is your motion settings on? Tbh I’m getting used to the motion as it’s different from my 2012 Samsung and actually made me feel a bit queasy but seems better day by day. Super telly though. The picture is amazing in general especially with a 4K hdr source.

Hi, thank you for your reply. That makes sense about the screen shifting to protect against screen burn. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it moves around.

I think I had tried it on Movie mode for motion, I currently had the HDR on personal and have the noise and artefacts set to minimum. Not sure if these have an impact on it or not? I've been using the inbuilt Netflix and Disney apps for 4k content and it looks amazing! I find the Prime video app to not be a crisp as when I watch it from my Nvidia Shield 2017. Only problem is this device doesn't support HDR10+ or Dolby Video. I'm contemplating upgrading it to the 2019 pro version as it supports these and apparently has amazing 4k upscaling AI for HD content. My old 2014 50" Sony backlit LED died last week. The picture is obviously not a patch on the 804, but it handled motion superbly and I never experienced these artefacts on that set.

I'll continue to tweak the settings to see if I can get it spot on. Hoping it can happen as all the reviews I read raved about its motion handling and picture quality in general.

Thanks again. Stu

Hi All

Have the 854 and its a fantastic TV

I don't use any of the inbuilt apps, Firestick 4K provides Netflix and Disney

Darks are amazing, mixed with Hue bulbs it really is great

Have any of you made any changes to HDR picture settings. Vision Bright looks the best option, just wondering if anyone had played with settings

Good morning to the forum. I am Dimitris from Greece, Athens and i am new at the forum. I want to buy the 55 oled 854. I see this tv at the house of a friend, that we see a movie with the Ambilight on. That time i try to close my mouth of the experience from all the pictures that i see at the time. It s magic. I love this tv!
I have some questions. This television have twin tuner. The twin tuner is working with two big size of screens-pictures? Can i change on of the two channels when the twin tuner is on?
I have another one question. This television is working normal at sdr and hdr to the series of tv? Out of the box is ok? And the Google Assistance is working without problems? The control of tv is ok? I read somewhere that we can work this tv with the new control of Oled 505 with the leather and the light. Is that truth? Know anyone about? Thank you very much,
Regards, Dimitris.

2019 I believe. I am returning my 804 as I found it produced too many artefacts during motion processing that I found really distracting.
I've taken delivery of a Sony A8H today and the difference in picture quality and motion handling are night and day. I'll miss the ambilight, but that's about it from the Philips 804. I'd recommend paying a little bit more and get last years LG C9 or Sony A8G on a deal over the 804 from my experience.

Do you have the latest firmware : TPM191E _ 001.002.173.010
It improves the quality of the motion a lot, almost no more artefact.

Edit : Still a lot of artefact while watching football :(

Last edited:
So far this tv is surpassing all expectations... I’ve since got it on the wall and it’s just an incredible picture! The amount of detail it is able to eek out is hard to explain, the pictures don’t do it justice if i’m honest.
Hi what wall bracket are you using

Do you have the latest firmware : TPM191E _ 001.002.173.010
It improves the quality of the motion a lot, almost no more artefact.

I'm unsure of the firmware, but it was fresh out the box then needed an update, and this was only last week. I couldn't find a setting where I was completely happy with artefacts/judder. Shame as what it did well, the style and ambilight, for the money I was really hoping it was going to be a steal. Motion handling is subjective so some may be really happy with it, but sadly it didn't suit me

Hello guys,
I have the following problem now
I've discovered that if i play from usb player a 4k content with dd+ atmos the audio is stuttering... have no problem with dolby souround or dts only with dd+ atmos. at first i tough that my mkv are the problem but then i've downloaded the dolby vision demo and it does the same..
here is a video .. youtube masks a little bit the audio intrerrupts but they still can be heard
Audio stutter
...further more if i passthrough the sound to my avr via hdmi arc i get audio lag(first video, audio later) again only with dd+ atmos. Was curios if you also have the problem?
latest firmware TPM191E _ 001.002.173.010

Good evening to people! I am happy to have the 55 oled 854 model 3 days ago!! Its fadastic!!! The colours, the black is BLACK!!!. I love this tv. It's the absolutely way to see television in 2020!!
I have a question please. I want to buy hue lights to set them at the left and at the right of the television. Maybe and a led strip one meter up from the television!!!Its easy to set up them from the Ambilight-hue from the menu of the television? Or i need and the Philips hub bridge to set up them?Please someone to help me!. Regards, Dimitris, Athens Greece.

Setting up is straight forward enough when the hue lights are set up for them to be integrated with the tv. But they will not be as quick to react as the onboard lighting, assuming you have it set on the tv to follow video for example. Just something to be aware of.

Also, you will need a bridge, or at least I dont know how it would work without one.

I have quite a bit of hue lighting, but I control it independently from the tv.

Hope that helps.

Good morning gentlemens. I am very happy with my new television. The 854 is the best television out there. I have a question friends.
How can i change from the multi window the channels on it? When i open multi view i see a small window up on the right. Can we select what to see from the two windows? The big manualy window and the multi? Can i change the channel on them? Thank you friends, Dimitris, Athens.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom