Philips 50PUS8555

milosone

Novice Member
So, it appears that iPlayer has disappeared from the larger of my two TV's, the 43" (same model) is fine but on the 50" I have to go back into the appstore and activate the app...... it then takes me through to a Freeview home screen where I need to accept their T's n C's,,,,, but it won't let me do it...
Anyone else have the same problem with a Philips TV?
On a side note, the remote for the 43" just fell apart after two months..... Poor show @curryspcworld for not being very bothered but kudos to Philips who replaced it directly and very quickly

Bennicut

Novice Member
Weirdly I'm having this issue.

I did a factory reset last week as I felt the TV was a little laggy but this evening I couldn't find the iPlayer. So I reinstalled from the app store and it started asking for the Ts and C's through Freeview play.

I found Freeview play in the app store as it wasn't installed but reading the Freeview app notes I noticed it said you had to have three little add ons activated. I've done that and all I get is a loading screen on the iPlayer. Just the blue circle.going round and round..

If I turn my TV off then the apps uninstall which is also a little strange.....

If anyone can help at all please?

Thanks

Bennicut

Novice Member
IMG_20210919_004646.jpg

Before I turn off the TV.. and once it's back on the iPlayer has gone..not just the favourites but gone.

Bit of a weird one.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20210919_004710.jpg
    IMG_20210919_004710.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 9

milosone

Novice Member
Weirdly I'm having this issue.

I did a factory reset last week as I felt the TV was a little laggy but this evening I couldn't find the iPlayer. So I reinstalled from the app store and it started asking for the Ts and C's through Freeview play.

I found Freeview play in the app store as it wasn't installed but reading the Freeview app notes I noticed it said you had to have three little add ons activated. I've done that and all I get is a loading screen on the iPlayer. Just the blue circle.going round and round..

If I turn my TV off then the apps uninstall which is also a little strange.....

If anyone can help at all please?

Thanks
I had the same issue on my 50' but oddly not on my 43'. I did a factory reset and when it had re installed iPlayer was back and been there ever since, about 3 weeks

Bennicut

Novice Member
I had the same issue on my 50' but oddly not on my 43'. I did a factory reset and when it had re installed iPlayer was back and been there ever since, about 3 weeks
Looks like I'll have to do another factory reset. It seems as if that's what's caused it this time though. I only recently did a factory reset due to the UI getting laggy.

Thank you

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom