Philips 50PUS8505/12 HDMI ARC problem.

Wilfred NL

Novice Member
Reaction score
Philips 50PUS8505/12 HDMI ARC problem.

I have a problem with hdmi-arc connected devices.

Everything worked fine with firmware TPM191E_R.101.002.166.000

When i updated the firmware to TPM191E_R101-002-178-000 the JBL Soundbar does not connect anymore.

The Arris Next mediabox (Ziggo) also doesn't turn on the tv.

Anyone has a solution?

What does this mean - "soundbar does not connect anymore"? Does it mean that the TV is attempting to engage HDMI ARC but ultimately fails? Is there an error message "switching to the external audio system failed - TV speakers remain active"? Is the soundbar automatically woken up from standby state by the TV?
Does the issue persist if the STB is disconnected from the TV (to ensure that this component is not disrupting CEC communication)?

What does this mean - "soundbar does not connect anymore"? Does it mean that the TV is attempting to engage HDMI ARC but ultimately fails? Is there an error message "switching to the external audio system failed - TV speakers remain active"? Is the soundbar automatically woken up from standby state by the TV?
Does the issue persist if the STB is disconnected from the TV (to ensure that this component is not disrupting CEC communication)?
This means that the soundbar was connecting by hdmi arc.
After tv firmware update the tv doesn't
Play sound on the soundbar.
Tv and soundbar are turned on by their remotes. Sound is still playing by tv speakers.
I tried multichannel, multichannel bypass and stereo(uncompressed)

My tv had only easylink and is tirned on.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom