Philips 50PUS7805 is it worth it

Mateusz3112

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi just wondering if that tv would be a good choice? £449 in Richards sound with 6 years warranty

Personally I would spend a bit more for an extract inches ! Get the 58pus8545 from amazon for a bargain price of £523 ,the stock comes and goes so check frequently, much better operating system,this 1 uses android the 7805 uses saphi which is horrible !

Id love to get bigger, problem is that I have no space for more than 50inch

It’s a good TV but as mentioned above you get far better value for money with 55/58/65” models.

Yes I was looking at that tv but literally 50 inches is max I can fit

if you after ambilight and budget/size is tight then yes go ahead with 7805. considering it has 1700ppi it should be on par with 7304 last years models. A lot of people were happy with them, some not but all I can say you definitely will be better off buying like firestick or other android box as Saphi is a little pants if you want more out of it. And yes 6 years warranty is a must.

What about this one 50PUS8555 guessing it's similar to the one mentioned here? Richer sound for £549

Unfortunately 8555 out of stock in richer sounds till mid September so ordered 7805. Let you know after few days how it is

Hey, Can you let us know, how is the TV? good and bad. I am planning to get one. TIA

Hi so bought it like 10 days ago. Got it from richer sounds for £449, day after delivery price went down to 419... But I managed to get the difference back :) that's my first ambilight tv and wasn't sure what to expect but I love it. Picture quality, well I'm not an expert or power user but comparing to my old LG is much better. Black is finally black not dark grey. Brightness is good too. Im still playing with different settings to get picture best. I read that spahi is bit laggish and um yeah its not super fast sometimes I have to wait second or two for response especially when watching netflix and trying to get into settings. 'app store' looks very poor i think. No disney plus (yet?) apparently 2020 models will get it. I have problem with alexa. She can tell me the weather but can't play netflix or YouTube saying she doesn't have the skill. Or when I tell get to turn tv off or on she says OK and nothing happens. Anyone can help with it? So to conclusions.. I really like that tv. Things I mentioned as bad doesn't really bother me that much but I can imagine some people could get annoyed with it and say TV is crap because of them. I think for 419 with 6 years warranty it's good call.

Thanks for the reply. What about gaming performance? Have you tried that? I have an external box with android tv. so saphi won't be a big issue. Wonder why Philips didn't go for android tv rather than their poor saphi.

Yeah I wish it had android. I wanted a higher model which has android but out of stock till middle September. If I get really annoyed I might get firestick or some other android box. Gaming didn't really have chance yet (I'm a chef and it's stupidly busy at the moment :) ) I only managed to check new avengers demo on ps4 and I was happy with it. Definitely need to check it with fifa or other games to compare. But like I said comparing to my old TV I'm happy with it. I might get chance to play some games today as I'm Finally off. Let you know.

Thanks. Please let me know. This one has android TV. I don't understand why do they list something which is not available until September.

Hi all, I've just got a 50pus7555 for the bedroom, I'm struggling to find out how to get the disney+ app on it. Is there a way is it not possible yet. Thanks.

Literally today I asked philips on twitter same question. At the moment it's not there. But as far as I know 2020 models will get it but if our model will get it? Not sure. Hope so as disney plus on my ps4 doesn't stream in 4k...

Don't go for this model if you want a better smart TV. Always choose android tv. Go for 8 series. Check online if you can sideload the file.

I wanted to go for 8555 but out of stock and needed one. How to check if I can upload file myself?

Literally today I asked philips on twitter same question. At the moment it's not there. But as far as I know 2020 models will get it but if our model will get it? Not sure. Hope so as disney plus on my ps4 doesn't stream in 4k...
Thanks, Yeah I've been trying search it up.. Saw a post from a few months ago asking... Philps say that Disney need to create the app for there Saphi OS. When will this be.. They don't know..

Don't go for this model if you want a better smart TV. Always choose android tv. Go for 8 series. Check online if you can sideload the file.
Never new this at the time, just wanted a cheaper smart tv for the bedroom, thought being a 2020 model it would have all the apps available..

Screenshot_20200831-184813.png

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom