Question Philips 50PUS7303

semih982

Novice Member
Reaction score
I've bought 50PUS7303 recently. I want to use my HDD with it. It requires 1A so I've bought a y-shaped cable because TV has one USB 3.0 900mA and one USB 2.0 500mA. But when I connect it, light turn on And HDD works for like 3-4 seconds. TV doesn't see it no matter what format it is or connection combinations. Cable has two USB 3.0 tips. Is that the problem? What can I do to use my HDD? (I can use an USB 2.0 memory with ntfs format only on 2.0 socket)

Don't use both USB ports ... (if it is unstable you should either use a USB stick or HDD with power adapter)

Philips USB ports are not great, only way I got it to work was to buy a mains powered hard drive enclosure and fit the drive into that. You can pick them up for £20-30 online. If you already have a Y-Cable you can try connecting the 'power only' side to an external supply and see if that works.

Philips USB ports are not great, only way I got it to work was to buy a mains powered hard drive enclosure and fit the drive into that. You can pick them up for £20-30 online. If you already have a Y-Cable you can try connecting the 'power only' side to an external supply and see if that works.
I tried connecting power only side to pc but it didn't make a difference. I guess I'll buy that enclosure.

It is not a solution to your problem, but this is what I use in my tv and it seems to work with no problems. Sonnics 320GB Dark Grey External Portable Hard drive USB 3.0.
Amazon / Ebay around £25

It is not a solution to your problem, but this is what I use in my tv and it seems to work with no problems. Sonnics 320GB Dark Grey External Portable Hard drive USB 3.0.
Amazon / Ebay around £25
You have the same TV?

I use a sonnics 320gb USB powered drive. Connected through the rear usb socket.

The drive needs to be formatted through the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom