Answered Philips 50PUS6262 settings

sibuns

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello.

Is here any setup guide for philips 50PUS6262, would be very gratefull.

Thanks you!

I'm getting mine delivered tomorrow,what are your thoughts on it HDR etc?

Happy with what I’ve seen so far but I’ve got the 55” model is this helps

Tested HDR on the Netflix, Amazon & Youtube app on the tv.

Also Netflix & Amazon on my Xbox One X.

& in HDR enabled X games like Forza 7, Star Wars Battlefront 2 & Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Impressed with it for price (£599 Argos)

Last edited:
If nobody posts any calibration details I may post some myself.

I own a Blu-ray Calibration Disc & also have a Calibration tool on the Xbox One X I can reference from.

I have the the 55” model

Last edited:
Happy with what I’ve seen so far.

Tested HDR on the Netflix, Amazon & Youtube app on the tv.

Also Netflix & Amazon on my Xbox One X.

& in HDR enabled X games like Forza 7, Star Wars Battlefront 2 & Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Impressed with it for price (£599 Argos)
Didn't have one at my local Argos so went with AO,£449 including £20 discount.looking forward to getting it.

If nobody posts any calibration details I may post some myself.

I own a Blu-ray Calibration Disc & also have a Calibration tool on the Xbox One X I can reference from.

I have the the 55” model
Yea would appriciate if you cold post some settings

Again this is for a 55PUS6262

These setting are gain from THX Tune-up app on the iOS App Store using a Apple TV gen3 [1080p] signal via iPhone 8+ using airplay.

Brightness - 42
Contrast - 60
Colour - 70

IMG_1511474931.813498.jpg
IMG_8470.jpg
IMG_8472.jpg
IMG_8473.jpg
IMG_8474.jpg
IMG_1511474958.118723.jpg

Xbox One X Calibration HDTV Tool in display options

Xbox One X Signal Settings
Resolution 4K UHD
36 Bits per pixel (12-bit)
Colour Space - Standard (Recommend)

TV HDMI ULTRA HD in general settings in menu
UHD 4:4:4/4:2:2

Brightness - 54
Contrast - 80
Colour - 60

I have my BT Youview box connected via a 4k (not that it makes any difference) hdmi cable into hdmi 1 and even when I watch the 4k uhd bt sports channel the hdmi uhd setting is greyed out on my General settings menu on the tv.

Ignore previous post,just found out that 4k is only available on hdmi 2+3,was under the impression that all three supported 4k.

Ignore previous post,just found out that 4k is only available on hdmi 2+3,was under the impression that all three supported 4k.

Yeah it’s a real grey area. TRIAL & ERROR.

let me know how u go on with those settings if your willing to try them.

Sport is a funny one too.

no sport mode on my tv. Think I use game mode when the footballs on. 4k BT Sports maybe different

thanks for all your suggestions... One question not related to this topic, but i dont want to open a new one so i will just ask here.

I am connected wireless to the internet on the tv... When i run smart tv, the icon top righ shows that im not connected and a message appears that if i want to connect. I connect again and again no wireless conection in smart tv. (under network settings it shows connected, the tv even updated).

What coull this be ?

Yeah it’s a real grey area. TRIAL & ERROR.

let me know how u go on with those settings if your willing to try them.

Sport is a funny one too.

no sport mode on my tv. Think I use game mode when the footballs on. 4k BT Sports maybe different
Yeah trying out your settings and they look pretty good,massive improvement,was watching a match last night and it looked like a display on a crt tv-horrible,I then realised that all the picture processing was on,turned all that off and it looks great,pretty sure mine has a sport mode to.

I've just bought a 6272 & can't get anything resembling a realistic picture. The settings suggested by @RyuOnline are way over-saturated. I also find that the brightness & contrast controls do next to nothing between maximum & minimum. Whites are too bright & blown out at any setting. Think it will be going back.

Can't find a backlight setting, which may explain why it's too bright.

Received my 6272 today,first thing I noticed (apart from it being on its back,at a angle with a ironing board placed on top of it when taken out of the delivery van) was a pencil width stripe running vertically down the screen,upon investigation it has a lot more banding issues than my last set,although only said pencil line is really noticeable,therefore I rung the retailers,Argos,and informed them,I am now getting another replacement tomorrow:thumbsdow

Can’t see any problem with mine
Hard to know with animation but surely these areas shouldn't be blown & devoid of detail? Although appreciate that could be the camera.

upload_2017-11-30_13-44-45.jpeg

In Philips parlance the backlight setting, is, I believe, called "Contrast" as opposed to, err... contrast which is called "Video Contrast" .....
Thanks, I'll take another look but as already said, the amount of adjustment seems minimal.

IMG_8512.jpg

That’s the same scene full screen, I just framed her
in on the upload you quoted.

I’ve cropped the image down. Shame I can’t take a screenshot on Xbox one x in plex (blocked due to copyright infringements amusingly)

Think some detail is lost in the photo as I can see clearly the stitching & pattern in her dress.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom