Philips 50pus6262 Owners Thread.

Really beginning to think I have another dud.
But if you can't feed the TV any HDR material in the correct format stethorn, I'm really not surprised that everything you try using "HDR Vivid" looks awful. HDR must be a really highly processed video format (I haven't seen any yet myself - I only know HDR from videogames as a player and developer) so I would fully expect that if the source isn't going in as HDR, trying to display it as HDR is going to look all sorts of wrong!

I'd really recommend you don't write off the TV as a dud based on the HDR experiment, particularly if other modes like Movie look okay.

I'm interested to try this now myself - but I'm at work and won't get to play some more till this evening.

Can anyone else with a 6272 try playing the movie ‘Bright’ on Netflix using the profile hdr Vivid and see if it looks as bad as the photo I have attached, most parts are unwatchable, fine if you put hdr movie. Noticed most hdr content on Netflix is unusable on Netflix with hdr vivid. Tried some YouTube and some of that has a bit of noise but no where as bad!

Is that using the Netflix tv app.

I gave up using that a while ago, along with amazon prime tv app.

My problem was I couldn’t get the sound sync correct via the tv to my surround sound.

So I just use the Xbox One X with all the apps + more than the tv apps.

Using the tv apps is painfully slow in comparison.

I will test out Bright using the tv Netflix app & then the Xbox one X Netflix app for comparison for you later on.

My problem was I couldn’t get the sound sync correct via the tv to my surround sound.

I will test out Bright using the tv Netflix app & then the Xbox one X Netflix app for comparison for you later on.

Yeah it’s the built in Netflix app, the hdr content on it activates the hdr profiles, just hdr vivid looks very very bad. Just wanted piece of mind that it wasn’t my set faulty and that other people have the same issue. Also see the issue when playing video with dark shadows on YouTube. Have a feeling it’s because the vivid profile is trying to brighten colours in the dark shadows, just wouldn’t expect it to be so bad !

Sorted :) due to the crap tv settings you could not change hdr settings when in smart tv apps (my only hdr content) so I downloaded some hdr demo content , tv right away flagged it as hdr and gave me all the settings! Everything everyone advised against was set on !!! Tweaked and now looks better, not perfect but more tweaking will get that sorted.
With these profiles, if I set all the settings to be same then would the picture just look the same on them all or would I still see some sort of difference ?

CheeRs for all the help .

With these profiles, if I set all the settings to be same then would the picture just look the same on them all or would I still see some sort of difference ?

I’ve set up two personal settings, one that’s for non HDR content & one that’s for HDR content (that I’ve tweaked & adjusted from a non HDR calibration baseline)

Both stay on the last used profile setting when source material is either non HDR or HDR.

Just to check - does everyone's built in Amazon and Netflix do 4k okay?

Reports say 6000 series support 4k in the apps okay but I just want to check for my 55" 6561 model (3 side light).

Cheers!

I’ve set up two personal settings, one that’s for non HDR content & one that’s for HDR content (that I’ve tweaked & adjusted from a non HDR calibration baseline)

Both stay on the last used profile setting when source material is either non HDR or HDR.

So in a hdr movie with loads of colours would you not want really great colours and darker colours for movies ? Not sure what settings to use as I seem to just end up with a mess if I play dark videos on Netflix / tube, the noise can also be seen in dark areas on the sample video I download.
Aint got a clue of what settings to set, seen some Sample settings on here but for the 55” which has a different panel.

So in a hdr movie with loads of colours would you not want really great colours and darker colours for movies ? Not sure what settings to use as I seem to just end up with a mess if I play dark videos on Netflix / tube, the noise can also be seen in dark areas on the sample video I download.
Aint got a clue of what settings to set, seen some Sample settings on here but for the 55” which has a different panel.

If I did see some problems on content I would potentially be watching for a prolonged period of time I would adjust my custom settings accordingly temporarily. Then return to my own default calibration after.

What your talking about is custom settings for variable content, unfortunately Philips don’t have multiple custom user settings slots that you could name.

Not ideal, but if I’m using the Wii via component input I’ve must turn the settings to game as the lag makes retro games like Super Mario World unplayable.

Also watching football on BT Sports in 1080p which goes through my Xbox One X via hdmi input then upscaled to 4K I need to adjust my settings to Movie (or game, I’ve forgot) due to the grass looking weird.

Have a look online for some test patterns to see if you get better results from adjusting the settings yourself. You could get a calibration blu-ray (I’ve got HD Basics) or I’ve had decent comparable results from the THX iOS app

Hmm Amazon won't pull 4k seemingly. Going to try Netflix.

Hmm Amazon won't pull 4k seemingly. Going to try Netflix.
Oh actually I wasn't in the "4k on Prime" section. All good as is Netflix - you get the HDR notification with it :)

Happy New Year everyone! I am doing some detective work on this range of TV's and am glad to see a dedicated thread. Hopefully you guys might be able to help me out with some or all of the following questions;
  • Do all of the Philips 6 series TV's have VA, direct lit panels? So at 43", 50" and 55" in the 6162, 6262 and 6272 models?
  • Might any of them be IPS or edge lit?
  • I think I might have seen it mentioned on AVF that these Philips TV's use the same AUO panel as the EX700 and MU6120. Is this true?
  • Are they true 100hz panels?
  • Should I regard AVF positive review of the PUT6400* a few years ago as a reasonably comparable reference for the current 6 series? So regarding blacks, colour accuracy motion performance etc.?
  • I see that some of you have exchanged the 6262 for the 6272 model. Is the 6272 much better and if so in what ways?
Phew!

Thanks in advance!

* - Philips 50PUT6400 Ultra HD 4K LED TV Review

Late to the party with this (only just seen the thread). The info you have is incorrect. Here are the facts:

All series is same in software/hardware/picture performance, only difference is the Ambilight and physical design.

43" and 55" have an LG RGB IPS panel (not RGBW).
50" has an AUO VA panel (same as found in Hisense M5500 and M5700, possibly also M6800).

Panasonic use Innolux VA panels in 50", completely different from AUO (Innolux is worse imo).

All are 50Hz sets but the motion is usually very good on Philips.

But I wouldn't bother because they always have software issues. Honestly unless you "need" Ambilight you'll get a better TV with better software from the Hisense M5700 which is similarly priced, or spend a little more and get the Panasonic or Sony equivalent if you have software issues with Philips.

Last edited:
Hello to all philips owners.
As these tvs models 6262 and 6272 have 50hz panel how do you find the motion smoothnes on it?
I am considering this tv but would hate any judder or stutter.
At the moment i am using a philips 8007 which has a 200hz panel and very good motion.
Thanks in advance.

Was looking at the 50" 6272 as my trusty Philips 9306 has just died but disappointed to find out about the lack of discrete inputs for Harmony :-(

However, I just found this on the logitech forum which seems to imply they have working discrete inputs for the 65" 6262?

Forums

Do the various sizes of the 6262 and 6272 share a remote?

Cheers

Was looking at the 50" 6272 as my trusty Philips 9306 has just died but disappointed to find out about the lack of discrete inputs for Harmony :-(

However, I just found this on the logitech forum which seems to imply they have working discrete inputs for the 65" 6262?

Forums

Do the various sizes of the 6262 and 6272 share a remote?

Cheers
Yes they use the same RC, but honestly these are nowhere near the same league as a 9 series Philips or a European-owned Philips (which you had). You'd be better to look elsewhere, or at least go far up the range. Also, the Philips OS (non Android) is an unmitigated disaster, with a catalogue of software bugs!

Can anyone confirm Netflix HDR works on this TV using the original PS4 (not pro) I've tried everything but HDR doesn't enable when starting the app.

Can anyone confirm Netflix HDR works on this TV using the original PS4 (not pro) I've tried everything but HDR doesn't enable when starting the app.

Couple of daft questions

1. Are you passing through an Amp that's hdr compatible?
2. Are you paying the extra for Netflix 4k HDR?

I'm not paying extra for Netflix so can't check for you.

Can anyone confrim the horrendous input lag is gone with the firmware updates? specifically for the 55 IPS version. Im looking for a new 55 inch screen and this one is nice and cheap. (6162 and 6262 here)

I have the 50PUS6272 and have a query: I don't know if it is a setting I've overlooked, but when watching Freeview and flicking through the channels, I don't get to see any "Now and Next" type of info, unless I specifically click on the info button. Is there a way to have it show the current programme info like most TVs seem to do?

Does anybody have good and perhaps calibrated hdr settings for this tv? Also is hdr plus setting just dynamic contrast basically?

Its a nightmare as you need an external source to set up HDR and then it does not carry over to the streaming settings

Hello to all philips owners.
As these tvs models 6262 and 6272 have 50hz panel how do you find the motion smoothnes on it?
I am considering this tv but would hate any judder or stutter.
At the moment i am using a philips 8007 which has a 200hz panel and very good motion.
Thanks in advance.

I'd say the 6 is a bit of a downgrade from the 8007 - but then that TV was crazily ahead of its time (with a pointer and keyboard built into the remote! Wow!)
I'd say you need to go OLED, the 9002 is end-of-line right now so watch out for some good deals (still not cheap but it's an upgrade in all areas rather than just some and downgrade in others

I have the 6272 and have to say that the tv to me is very smooth. We had Strictly Come Dancing on earlier and the camera panning with the dancers looked smooth enough to my eyes, also picture sharpness and colour vibrancy was stunning too.
But having said all that, not seen the 8007 myself.

I have the 6272 and have to say that the tv to me is very smooth. We had Strictly Come Dancing on earlier and the camera panning with the dancers looked smooth enough to my eyes, also picture sharpness and colour vibrancy was stunning too.
But having said all that, not seen the 8007 myself.

What motion setting are you using because I'm find motion blur an issue with this tv

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom