Philips 50PUS6162/05 double image

MartyH

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I turned my TV on one morning and just had a black screen (working perfect the night before). Back light was working so I contacted Philips directly. They sent an update which I installed and the TV screen and sound started to work. Unfortunately I have a vertically mirrored screen, the exact same picture on each half (attached below) . 3 more updates later and Philips have now wiped their hands of it and expect me to pay to use their repair centre.

Has anyone dealt with this issue before?
Or
Have the coding of the same TV which they could provide to me to check against mine.

The NVM codes were mentioned by the repair centre
IMG_20210308_140601.jpg

Looks like a corrupted NVM, which can easily be rectified by re-writing the NVM via USB (assuming that you're being provided the correct NVM/EED file).

Looks like a corrupted NVM, which can easily be rectified by re-writing the NVM via USB (assuming that you're being provided the correct NVM/EED file).
Thanks for your reply.

Only 1 update out of the 4 turns the TV on and the others don't seem to update anything.

I will go back and ask if they can check the NVM/EED files to make sure the coding is correct.

Thanks for your reply.

Only 1 update out of the 4 turns the TV on and the others don't seem to update anything.

I will go back and ask if they can check the NVM/EED files to make sure the coding is correct.
Hi Marty did you ever resolve this issue as I have exactly the same issue with my screen?

This resulted after I replaced my defective main board with a second hand board from ebay any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_20230711_143023_848.jpg
    IMG_20230711_143023_848.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 53
This resulted after I replaced my defective main board with a second hand board from ebay any suggestions?
Go to HOME+1999+<- for Factor menu.

And check that you have the correct Panel ID which you can change and save by exit via home

You also can set Factory Mode to on in the factory menu , hit home and reboot and than you are in factory mode. But WARNING if you dont know how to exit!!

Now you can check if you panel is working right.

To Exit you need to find the right combination. Mostly 01999+<- …you can find other combinations through Google

Thanks very much for your advice I managed to resolve my problem as follows:

On my tv I found a 3 digit set option code in 2 places ie on a sticky label on the back along with the model and serial no.'s and also on a small plate on the bottom of the tv (nb my set no. is 005).

I reset my tv as follows: On my remote I entered "062598" directly followed by MENU and then the 3 digit option code the set then went to standby I then switched power off and then on at mains and the tv functioned correctly.

Thanks very much for your advice I managed to resolve my problem as follows:

On my tv I found a 3 digit set option code in 2 places ie on a sticky label on the back along with the model and serial no.'s and also on a small plate on the bottom of the tv (nb my set no. is 005).

I reset my tv as follows: On my remote I entered "062598" directly followed by MENU and then the 3 digit option code the set then went to standby I then switched power off and then on at mains and the tv functioned correctly.

Glad you found it by urself , if not this would be my second advice

Glad you found it by urself , if not this would be my second advice
Hi! Is this code 062598 same for all tv-models?
I am having the same issue on my 58PUS7304.
The tv does not respond to 062598 - menu - 3 digit.

As soon as I press the men button it just goes to the menu-screen.

Thankfull for any help🫶

I found out how to use the 3 digit code in a manual I found on line. The manual was not for my TV model which is a 43 inch set so I suspect it will work on other models.

Here is an extract from the manual I also include a link to the manual the relevant section no. is 5.

Display Option Code Selection​

After an SSB or display exchange, the display option code is
not set properly, this can result in a TV with "no display".
Therefore, it is required to set this display option code after
such a repair.
To do so, press the following key sequence on a standard RC
transmitter: "062598" directly followed by MENU and "xxx",
where "xxx" is a 3 digit decimal value of the panel type the set will switch to Stand-by, to indicate that the process has been completed.

It is a bit fiddly and it took me several attempts before it worked also make sure you switch the power off at the mains after it goes into standby

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom