Philips 50PUS6162/05 double image

MartyH

Novice Member
Hi, I turned my TV on one morning and just had a black screen (working perfect the night before). Back light was working so I contacted Philips directly. They sent an update which I installed and the TV screen and sound started to work. Unfortunately I have a vertically mirrored screen, the exact same picture on each half (attached below) . 3 more updates later and Philips have now wiped their hands of it and expect me to pay to use their repair centre.

Has anyone dealt with this issue before?
Or
Have the coding of the same TV which they could provide to me to check against mine.

The NVM codes were mentioned by the repair centre
IMG_20210308_140601.jpg

l00pu5

Looks like a corrupted NVM, which can easily be rectified by re-writing the NVM via USB (assuming that you're being provided the correct NVM/EED file).

MartyH

Novice Member
Looks like a corrupted NVM, which can easily be rectified by re-writing the NVM via USB (assuming that you're being provided the correct NVM/EED file).
Thanks for your reply.

Only 1 update out of the 4 turns the TV on and the others don't seem to update anything.

I will go back and ask if they can check the NVM/EED files to make sure the coding is correct.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom