1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 50PF9966 vs Panasonic TH50PV30

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by gamerfreak2002, Jan 31, 2005.

1. gamerfreak2002

gamerfreak2002
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everybody, I'm looking for a 50" plasma. I'm stuck between philips 50pf9966 (http://www.consumer.philips.com/con...&proxybuster=KJRXPGA5MHO2RJ0RMRCSHQFHKFSESI5P) and panasonic th50pv30 (http://www.panasonic.co.uk/plasma-tv/th50pv30pd/index.htm).

The philips has better aesthetic (my opinion, of course), DVI with HDCP and two tunners for PIP stuff. On other hand, it is completely ignored: I haven't seen any review or article on this model yet! This makes me rather uncomfortable...

The panasonic seems to get all the credits, but the technical characteristics are very similar to the philips (1024x1024i / 768p) but is doesn't have DVI (?) and has only 1 tunner. It has zooming features which philips seems to be missing (?).

As for the picture quality, again the philips seems to be ignored: I haven't seen any 50" model on stores, only the 42" versions. At 42" level, the philips looked better than the panasonic I saw (can remember the model). The only 50" plasmas I've seen until now where the one from sony and the panasonic. The sony looked better than the panny.

Has anyone got advices on these models, especially the philips, which seems to be forgotten all the place?

best regards.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    PV30 has analogue and Digital tuners..................... Why a 50" TV not a panel and scaler.. Also consider Pio 505 XDE but new Fujitsu 40 series will be pretty special......