• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Philips 48PFS8109/12 issue

abun14

Novice Member
Hey all,

I hope someone can assist me here. I've got Philips 48PFS8109/12, last year or so I upgraded the firmware on the TV. Since then the TV won't turn on.

I've tried using the joystick at the back and it's not turning on the TV, the remote control is not working either.

The light at the front where it says Philips light's up when plugged in to power supply and Optical light at the back of TV is on as well but no other lights are visible, so I'm sure the power supply is all good.

Is there anyway to downgrade the firmware on TV without actually turning on the TV? The screen stays black the whole time and doesn't even show the philips logo.

I hope someone can assist me further here. Thanks a lot for any responses and suggestions

abun14

Novice Member
Can any one assist please? Or point in the right direction maybe another forum that specializes with similar issues? thank you

sorkraka

Novice Member
I recently got the same issue myself with a Philips 55pus6501/12, few days ago, i can mange to netflix via the easy access button on the remote and got sound, but image just black.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom