Philips 47" 9664 HDMI error "No Signal Detected"

Bloodflowerz

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello there,

Well, I think my 47" 9664 may be faulty! Each time I try to switch on my Bluray player via HDMI, the TV reports "No video signal". I tried the Panasonic Bluray player on my Sony TV and it detects it instantly. I tried the very same cable connected to my Sony on the Philips to no avail. The issue is definately with the Philips TV. I have updated the firmware on both The 9664 and the Panasonic Bluray player, to no avail. I have also tested other HDMI sockets on the Philips with no joy.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Shall I return mine?

:smashin:

Hello there,

Well, I think my 47" 9664 may be faulty! Each time I try to switch on my Bluray player via HDMI, the TV reports "No video signal". I tried the Panasonic Bluray player on my Sony TV and it detects it instantly. I tried the very same cable connected to my Sony on the Philips to no avail. The issue is definately with the Philips TV. I have updated the firmware on both The 9664 and the Panasonic Bluray player, to no avail. I have also tested other HDMI sockets on the Philips with no joy.

I'm sorry to hear this. I think you should report the problem to the shop you bough it from. It's sounds likely that you'll have to return it.

Hi Bloodflowerz

Every item iv connected to my 42 9664 works by hdmi ps3, sat box, xbox 360, pc all fine.

Can you not check in service menu 062596 and see if you have any errors ?

Jason

I have to take back what i said now, It seems i can get audio from the pc to the tv, Iv set everything up and have visual and audio by hdmi to monitor wokring fine but cant get the audio to the tv. Tried cloning to single mode and even swapped leads and nothing. The only way iv got it to work is using hdmi side what allows audio left and right from pc. Think a email to philips support

How did you get on?

Jason

This is my contact with tv agent

Chat has been transferred to Jerome
Jerome: Hi again
Visitor: hi again sorry but still have no audio
Jerome: OK.
Jerome: Let me have another look
Visitor: thanks
Visitor: im connected to tv now so any changes should work
Jerome: I've just checked and I don't think that connecting with HDMI cable is supported
Jerome: The supported methods are DVI - HDMI with analogue audio cable
Jerome: or VGA with analogue audio cable
Jerome: but no HDMI
Jerome: on some of our older models it was possible to connect with just a HDMI cable, but not this model
Visitor: so my other philips hdmi can i this model
Visitor: and this model cant
Jerome: Yes
Visitor: umm thats not very good
Jerome: It was changed this year I'm not sure why
Visitor: is there model that can support it in the range
Jerome: No, all of this years models work this way
Visitor: that tbh is very poor indeed, i guess i will have to send my tv back
Visitor: thanks for your time and help

very poor indeed

Jason

Hi Jason,

I fixed my problem. I tried my 360 via HDMI and each time it worked flawlessly. So, all fingers pointed to my Panasonic Bluray player.

To all Panasonic DMP-BD35 owners!

To fix the "No Signal Detected" Error go to:

-> Setup

-> TV/Device Connections

-> HDMI Connection

-> HDMI Video format

and change to 1080P instead of Auto.

Problem solved!

For some strange reason, the Philips did not like the auto setting.

Hi Jason,

I fixed my problem. I tried my 360 via HDMI and each time it worked flawlessly. So, all fingers pointed to my Panasonic Bluray player.

To all Panasonic DMP-BD35 owners!

To fix the "No Signal Detected" Error go to:

-> Setup

-> TV/Device Connections

-> HDMI Connection

-> HDMI Video format

and change to 1080P instead of Auto.

Problem solved!

For some strange reason, the Philips did not like the auto setting.

You must be relieved eh?! Well done for sorting it out.

Hello there,

Have same problem. I run a television shop and sell Philips televisions. Have found that it takes between 8 to 25 minutes to get a picture on the screen on HDMI1 and 2 however 3 and 4 and side work fine. This is the same on ALL Philips LCD Televisions with Panasonic Bluray disc players and recorders. Have logged this complaint with Philips in Eindhoven who are looking into the problem with these inputs. Will keep everyone posted. Hope this works.:thumbsup:

Have same problem. I run a television shop and sell Philips televisions. Have found that it takes between 8 to 25 minutes to get a picture on the screen on HDMI1 and 2 however 3 and 4 and side work fine. This is the same on ALL Philips LCD Televisions with Panasonic Bluray disc players and recorders. Have logged this complaint with Philips in Eindhoven who are looking into the problem with these inputs. Will keep everyone posted. Hope this works.:thumbsup:
Thanks Nelly2009 for the information. I have a 42PFL9664 TV and had HDMI connection problems with my new Yamaha RX-V681 receiver. When connecting the receiver to HDMI-port 3 the problem was solved.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom