PHILIPS 43PUS8506/12 for xbox series s

craig1980

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've just bought a xbox series s would this tv be any good for it Phillips 43pus8506/12 it will be only used for casual gaming and streaming football and the kids to watch you tube. tv says its got 2 x 2.1 hdmi, If its not any good what would you recommend I'm not wanting to spend too much on a bedroom tv. Thanks

When considering cheaper TVs, you must keep HDR disabled on the console to not get problems, as long as you do that, gaming will be fine on the Philips.

HDR is a bit of problem nowadays with other sources, if you use the TV to watch HDR on Netflix for example with a premium plan, you won't be able to turn it off and you'll get issues with the picture. For streaming football and YouTube which is mainly SDR, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

For a bedroom TV I'd go as cheap as you can whilst retaining a decent manufacturer. As long as it's Philips, Samsung, Sony, LG, TCL or Hisense you should be ok.

When considering cheaper TVs, you must keep HDR disabled on the console to not get problems, as long as you do that, gaming will be fine on the Philips.

HDR is a bit of problem nowadays with other sources, if you use the TV to watch HDR on Netflix for example with a premium plan, you won't be able to turn it off and you'll get issues with the picture. For streaming football and YouTube which is mainly SDR, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

For a bedroom TV I'd go as cheap as you can whilst retaining a decent manufacturer. As long as it's Philips, Samsung, Sony, LG, TCL or Hisense you should be ok.
Thanks for the reply and advice I've been looking at this and a Samsung au9000. Think I will go with the Phillips tv.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom