philips 43PUS7556

ChrisKz

Just took delivery of a Philips 43 PUS7556 . I am disappointed at the SD picture , while the HD channels are fine .. Sound is crap .( But not really set it up as picture bleed is evident )
Just wondered if anyone else has this model and found the top right( right side of screen about 60mm to 160mm has a yellow/greenish glow shining through . It is like it on all that I watch including blu ray and dolby vision settings.
Rather than get a refund , I have asked for a replacement as the picture is good ( HDR and DV ) is way better than my LG40 UF770V ( which is a few years old now ) but still gives a good picture and sound . Have to admit the Philips built quality is pants and the actual TV is so light ( weight) . I am wondering if the replacement has issues . what would be the next best TV for around the same price ( or less ) . I paid £425

ChrisKz

Update....
Replacement arrived yesterday ( 14/9 ) Set it all up and no light bleed . Was impressed with the DV, and all the other HDR variants that TV supports . It does inform the viewer , what the quality is id hdr
+ hdr Dv etc .. Sound is good from a small set . it also says if its Doldy Atmos etc .
Ideal for a 2nd bedroom TV . Not tried the VVR ( or VRR whatever its called ) I have Nvidia shield onto HDMI 2.1 and 4k blu ray player on 2nd HDMI with 2.1 .. Just leaving the micro P.c for HDMI 2.0. ( not a games P.C ) .
The Tv is very light and very plasticy ( weighs less than 8 kilos ) I have it on a wheeled tv mount . I only used it for watching streaming and blu rays , so cannot comment on the quality of Broadcasts on the ariel inputs .
Overall , I am happy with the TV . . Picture quality straight out of the box , isn't too bad , just a little basic "tweek" and to me its fine . Will see if there are any "pro" calibration setting worth trying when /if the TV becomes popular .. The 2020 models are cheaper but dont have the 2.1 hdmi outputs .. Not sure if the extra £100 difference is worth it

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom