philips 43PUS7556

D

Deleted member 770082

Just took delivery of a Philips 43 PUS7556 . I am disappointed at the SD picture , while the HD channels are fine .. Sound is crap .( But not really set it up as picture bleed is evident )
Just wondered if anyone else has this model and found the top right( right side of screen about 60mm to 160mm has a yellow/greenish glow shining through . It is like it on all that I watch including blu ray and dolby vision settings.
Rather than get a refund , I have asked for a replacement as the picture is good ( HDR and DV ) is way better than my LG40 UF770V ( which is a few years old now ) but still gives a good picture and sound . Have to admit the Philips built quality is pants and the actual TV is so light ( weight) . I am wondering if the replacement has issues . what would be the next best TV for around the same price ( or less ) . I paid £425

Update....
Replacement arrived yesterday ( 14/9 ) Set it all up and no light bleed . Was impressed with the DV, and all the other HDR variants that TV supports . It does inform the viewer , what the quality is id hdr
+ hdr Dv etc .. Sound is good from a small set . it also says if its Doldy Atmos etc .
Ideal for a 2nd bedroom TV . Not tried the VVR ( or VRR whatever its called ) I have Nvidia shield onto HDMI 2.1 and 4k blu ray player on 2nd HDMI with 2.1 .. Just leaving the micro P.c for HDMI 2.0. ( not a games P.C ) .
The Tv is very light and very plasticy ( weighs less than 8 kilos ) I have it on a wheeled tv mount . I only used it for watching streaming and blu rays , so cannot comment on the quality of Broadcasts on the ariel inputs .
Overall , I am happy with the TV . . Picture quality straight out of the box , isn't too bad , just a little basic "tweek" and to me its fine . Will see if there are any "pro" calibration setting worth trying when /if the TV becomes popular .. The 2020 models are cheaper but dont have the 2.1 hdmi outputs .. Not sure if the extra £100 difference is worth it

Think I'm going to get one as a temp / spare TV as they're now £329... only TV in this price point that deff has VRR / eArc and satellite... I was looking at Hisense A7G, but that has no satellite... Ideally I wanted an Android TV so the apps would get updated but they don't have eArc....

Yep, for Earc and VRR and Android TV it looks like either the 79*6 model, but that has an older engine than p5 or looking at the 85*6 range. Compared to 85*5 last yr with the newer MediaTek Soc used by Sony in their XR range also with a bit of tweaking provides a nice output screenwise, but is MVA Vs IPS if following the 7505 2020 panel models on the 43 inch anyway.

For some calibration settings look at 2020 settings for the 7505 and 7805. I think on the any updates on 8505 thread had the darko calibration doc attached saving Paying the 3 quid for it and look for the 7505 reviews depending on screen size on YouTube.

This is the YouTube video I used and review in web page as it details the setting in the description

It produced for me anyway good overall results on my 437505/12.

Think I'm going to get one as a temp / spare TV as they're now £329... only TV in this price point that deff has VRR / eArc and satellite... I was looking at Hisense A7G, but that has no satellite... Ideally I wanted an Android TV so the apps would get updated but they don't have eArc....
It's not pure Android O/S it's Saphi .. You will still need some sort of android box to watch Disney +

Tbf I think the poster realises that.
I do!

Now I'm torn between this and the 'TCL 43P725K' however I can't find info that it supports VRR as I'd prefer to have Android TV 11 instead of some random OS that probably get many app updates but the TCL doesn't have a satellite connection...

Update: Went for the 'TCL QLED 43C725K' for £360 as it confirms it has all of the HDMI 2.1 features I was after :)

Last edited:
I do!

Now I'm torn between this and the 'TCL 43P725K' however I can't find info that it supports VRR as I'd prefer to have Android TV 11 instead of some random OS that probably get many app updates but the TCL doesn't have a satellite connection...

Update: Went for the 'TCL QLED 43C725K' for £360 as it confirms it has all of the HDMI 2.1 features I was after :)
Would be interested to here how you get on with the TV as heard a lot of Youtuber discuss TCL and bang for buck and apparantly the Amazon TV are TCL rebrands. QLED seems to bring some overall improvements to the game that the 7566 would never of brought to the table. I wonder if your get some variation of the Google TV launcher it being an Android 11 out of the box. Apparantly its making its way on Android 10 TV versions, so will be interesting to see if TCL make the jump.

For the price and feature set on paper with onyx sound support sounds a good invest. Just shame it is missing dimming control , but even the 8536 that I have doesn't even have a hardware version, but does implement a software micro dimming, but still a win all-round I think.

I do!

If it helps, I just found a TCL c72 that covers your model and other. The channel is TV Calibration with Darko.

The video can be found by search TCL c725 review

Hope this is of use.

Would be interested to here how you get on with the TV as heard a lot of Youtuber discuss TCL and bang for buck and apparantly the Amazon TV are TCL rebrands. QLED seems to bring some overall improvements to the game that the 7566 would never of brought to the table. I wonder if your get some variation of the Google TV launcher it being an Android 11 out of the box. Apparantly its making its way on Android 10 TV versions, so will be interesting to see if TCL make the jump.

For the price and feature set on paper with onyx sound support sounds a good invest. Just shame it is missing dimming control , but even the 8536 that I have doesn't even have a hardware version, but does implement a software micro dimming, but still a win all-round I think.
Sooo I've had the TCL 725K for a bit now and can't decide to return it or not for the 7566.

The UK model has 1.5 year old out of date version of Android TV v9... I've managed to flash Jan 2022 GoogleTV v11 on it but as it's not a UK software version it loses all of the UK catchup apps.

YouTube now seems to have lip sync issues using AV, but Netflix seems ok...

It doesn't have VRR despite the TCL website clearly showing 725 model having it and then only on one port...

There's no lag on Stadia

Colour looks really good on Dolby Vision

Sooo I've had the TCL 725K for a bit now and can't decide to return it or not for the 7566.

The UK model has 1.5 year old out of date version of Android TV v9... I've managed to flash Jan 2022 GoogleTV v11 on it but as it's not a UK software version it loses all of the UK catchup apps.

YouTube now seems to have lip sync issues using AV, but Netflix seems ok...

It doesn't have VRR despite the TCL website clearly showing 725 model having it and then only on one port...

There's no lag on Stadia

Colour looks really good on Dolby Vision
That sucks as all the reviews I saw on YouTube when you mentioned and reading around it sounded like it was a solid TV. I thought being that it was TCL it would get shifted to Google TV and be at least on Android 10. XDA Forums seems to have a shared forum for TCL and our TV and fair few firmwares listed good work on getting the flash on it working, but sucks on the no UK firmware version as from what I can tell it's mostly a launcher and a new search app that make it up Google TV switch.

I'd keep clear of 2022 7607 and that area as it has the pixel plus engine swapped on it.

But, if you still want Android and it would be v10 then you could look at the 7906 that has the pixel engine for 350 or there abouts or the 8106 that I think Argos has on offer with p5 and Android.

Both have ambilight , but downside is 8gb on board , but would match the 7506 /7556 your looking at.

If you went up to 430 quid you could pick up the 8506 / 8536 etc that has Android 10. P5 and 16gb on board. I have the 8536 as can really recommend it and the ambilight is a nice touch.

Does this TV support USB recording / timeshift? Online search is inconclusive. The user manual makes no mention of the feature but does say USB drive will be formatted if pause button is pressed on remote (suggesting this feature is included)

Would appreciate any help thanks.

Thanks. I had seen that. This feature has definitely not been removed by Philips tho? The user manual for this model online makes no mention but under the diagram for the remote control, it says the record button has no feature.

I haven't even looked at my manual .. But it does record .. I tried it once , just to test it out ,,

Thanks so much. Do you know if you can schedule a recording based on either manual scheduling or from the TV guide? Really appreciate this info.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom