• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Philips 42PFL9703H or Sony KDL-46W4500

M

mdavia

Hi All,

Have read excellent reviews of Philips 42PFL9703H and Sony KDL-46W4500, and the point is that price for Philips 42PFL9703H (2000€ = £1500) is much higher than bigger Sony KDL-46W4500 (1700€ = £1350).

So maybe Philips should be compared with new Sony KDL40Z4500 (2000 €) although smaller? No reviews yet for it.

I watch mainly SD DTT and SD Satellite transmissions (soon HD in Sat) and occasionally BluRay through HTPC.

I have tested recently Panasonic Plasma 42PZ800 (H.264 HD receiver inside) and have detected some flicker (even it says 100Hz) I can not perceive in LCDs, but also noticed in other Plasmas (Pioneer, but less noticeable). This is why I am considering LCD now.

I will appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Thanks All,
Mark

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
no big consideration,I d easily celect the 46W4500

andywad

Standard Member
I don't know too much about the Philips but my pre-purchase research made me wait for the 46W4500. What can I say? Was impressed at first but realised that viewing distance is important for LCD until I got HD. Wow! HD makes a difference but the channel viewing options are limited. This is a great TV and it is so easy to use but make sure you understand the viewing distance principal if you are not using HD equipment.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom