Philips 42PFL7666T Owners Thread

flippence

Anyone else have problems with the Internet Firmware Upgrade.
Noticed there was a .98 Upgrade in May for 7666T when on philips.com
Checked TV release and found to be .96
Tried Internet Update, said latest release installed.
Downloaded Update onto USB, Inserted in TV. TV found and now has update .98

Last edited:

Barrovian

I haven't checked what software my tv is currently running and know I really should, but have you noticed any improvements/ upgrades that makes the software update worthwhile, Flippence?
JP

flippence

I haven't checked what software my tv is currently running and know I really should, but have you noticed any improvements/ upgrades that makes the software update worthwhile, Flippence?
JP

These are fixes from .96. Only improvement for me has been the fixing of intermittent sound loss.

Lipsync Issue with Video Playing
Intermittent sound loss on DVB-T Channels ( T Models only)
TV Switches to standby after few minutes.

Last edited:

Mark One

Just checked software version and discovered TV using Q5551_0.14.93.0, tried the internet update option with no success. It does seem that this method of updating does not work.

alkip

Really liking the look of this set and reading great reports, can I ask if anyone has linked a 3D BR twin tuner smart PVR to it and if so which one and how well do the 2 work together?

Synapsia83

Standard Member
I took the plunge :) Sold my old Philips 42pfl8654 and ordered the 47PFL7606T. Soo excited to get the new tv. its due to arive next week. Cant wait :)

I was really happy with my old philips and only thing that i hope will improve are black levels. Which i know arent the best in this set but hopefully little bit better. The 3D aspect is also great :)

Its true what they say; once a philips man, always a philips man :) i just cant imagine living without ambilight :)

Sorry for the spelling mistakes. Im from Finland so my english grammar isnt the best :)

Jason56d

Hi read all this thread tonight! Been looking at getting the new 47PFL6007 when it eventually gets released. But on reading this thread, it seems like this model is very good.

My local Richer Sounds is selling a 47PFL7666 in the clearance items for £650. Does anyone think it is worth me saving nearly £550 and getting this instead of the new model? I am very tempted after reading all the good things in here! Also, I will need to get a new stand and new av receiver as mine cannot handle 3D, so the saved money will pay for those and have lots left over.

Your views would be appreciated :)

Jason56d

Hi read all this thread tonight! Been looking at getting the new 47PFL6007 when it eventually gets released. But on reading this thread, it seems like this model is very good.

My local Richer Sounds is selling a 47PFL7666 in the clearance items for £650. Does anyone think it is worth me saving nearly £550 and getting this instead of the new model? I am very tempted after reading all the good things in here! Also, I will need to get a new stand and new av receiver as mine cannot handle 3D, so the saved money will pay for those and have lots left over.

Your views would be appreciated :)

Scrap that! Just called them and it is a repaired one and only panel, no stand, manual etc. Will wait for the 6007.

Dan201

Sorry to drag up an old thread. Im visiting my sister who has one of these sets are i was hoping to find some settings to make the picture better.

Ive turned off the true motion type options but the colours dont look great.

We're trying to get a nice moderately accurate and natural look.

Thanks.

lawrefc

Standard Member
Sorry to drag up an old thread. Im visiting my sister who has one of these sets are i was hoping to find some settings to make the picture better.

Ive turned off the true motion type options but the colours dont look great.

We're trying to get a nice moderately accurate and natural look.

Thanks.

Here are my settings:

contrast = 75
brightness 50
colour 59
sharpness 5
noise reduction medium
tint custom 127 127 127 0 0 0 (never tried to change this)
pixel precise: natural motion off / clear lcd on / super resolution on...
... dynamic contrast off /dynamic backlight best power / mpeg art red minimum...
... col enhan medium / Gamma +2

light sensor off
pict format auto zoom
screen edges 10 (personal pref)

All these are very personal and some things I haven't tried to tweak much, but this works for me (freeview HD looks amazing)

Hope you get some other suggestions

L.

Dan201

Im back home now. W got a decent looking image by the time I left so they are happy enough. Its a very nice TV actually, I really like the lights on the back as well.

Thanks for the help.

flippence

Remote packed up on my 7666T recently.
Found remote app for windows phone " Philips Remote TV". Supposed to work on all 2011 to 2013 network philips TV.
Easier and faster than using the old remote.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom