Philips 42PFL5522D/05 Problem Playing games consoles though component.

Ethan040

Hi, ive got a Philips 42PFL5522D/05 lcd tv its a 42" and only HD ready when i play either the Wii or 360 though component the screen size will change randomly it will either have black likes down the size and not fit top to bottom or just go bigger and i will lose picture top and bottom.

I know it fine with HDMI as the PS3 works fine and my old HDMI 360 did also...

Sometime it wont do it at all then sometimes it does it all the time like on Pure the atv racing game it will change when i start a race to a smaller screen and i will get black lines but then when i finish the race and go back to the menu it goes back to normal.

Any ideas?

Thanks

jono t

did you make sure that the switch on the back of the connector which goes into the Xbox is set to HDTV.

jono t

Bump! still go tthe problem searched everywhere for a fix but no luck :thumbsdow

Hi Ethan is the leads to the tv in the right order,sometimes its easy to mix the red video lead with the red audio lead, and I also notice there is a yellow video lead attached to the audio set, which should not be used when connecting component. hope this helps.

Kalos Geros

Are you sure you set the TV aspect ratio from AUTO to some other fixed preset (16:9, Movie Expand or something?) Looks to me as if TV is trying to establish the correct aspect mode and fails due to confusing/changing content on the picture...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom