PHILIPS 42pf9966 ON/OFF SWITCH

Discussion in 'Philips TVs Forum' started by karlyboy, Oct 31, 2005.

1. karlyboy

karlyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My PHILIPS 42pf9966 plasma TV is about 18 months old and warranty has run out. TV won't stay on. As soon as I switch it on, blue led light comes on for a few secs then dies off with a clicking noise. The trouble started a couple of days ago when I was watching a DVD and the screen went suddenly blank. The remote would not operate and I eventually had to switch the screen off manually. After that I could not get it to stay switched on again... What have I done wrong???
    I am hoping one of you has experienced a similar problem and tell me if I need to spend afortune to get it repaired.
    Thanks

2. shugg

shugg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry not had this problem and i don't recall anyone else on this forum with it either... If it turns on and a picture is briefly seen it could be a faulty relay switch/ overload protection kicking in............sounds like a job for a pro :(
    good luck shugg

3. bobgoat

bobgoat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We have a philips 37PF9965 with a similar problem and are try to get a replacement/refund. There is at least one other thread if you search

4. morais

morais

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem today.
    Do you know what was the problem?

5. Clatter

Clatter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    It sounds like the PSU is faulty. I have had the same problem albeit on a different TV.

6. bobgoat

bobgoat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya:
    Our Philips 37PF9965 actually failed in the same way three times and we have just secured a refund through Barclaycard as SVC Direct are going under. Everything was fine then it would not turn on. The lights would come on then go to stand by, our impression was that there was a failure to communicate between the screen and tuner box.

On the previous two times when trying to quiz the so helpful team at philips it would appear that the fault was in the tuner box. 3 failures in less than 18months was too much for us so now we are looking at screens not made by philips.

Philips Plasma -
    • When it worked we liked the picture.
      Too unreliable.
      Get Shot ASAP
    So no we will not be tempted to buy another philips and are looking at Hitachi, Toshiba, Panasonic & Pioneer. Probably end up with Samsung.......

7. mart1982

mart1982

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a 42pf9946 with exactly the same problem, it keeps turning itself off and then back on and the led on the tv keeps flashing to green then amber and then red and off. could anyone who resolves the problem please let me know what it is and how much it will cost.

thanks

martin

8. morais

morais

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    People, try to take out ac power of the TV for a few minutes.
    The problem could be just a estetrostatic discharge.

good luck.